Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Experimental Beat Analyzer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Are there any release notes on what this does? I was hoping it would provide a dynamic scan and allow for multiple BPMs, although it seems not to be the case.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 3:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Currently, it's a small tuning that should improve the beat phase, and improve the off-by-half-a-beat detection

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 3:21 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've tested over a couple of hundred jungle tunes and whilst not perfect with the new scanner I got many more XXX.00 bpm readings and first beat detection was much better.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 7:15 am
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Fantastic! Thank you so much Adion.

Already the first beat assigning experience is SO much better because of these changes

-Improve wave detail in bpm editor
-Show waveform overview in editors

I didn't realise how much I needed the waveform to be visible in the BPM editor but it's great.

The experimentalBeatAnalyzer I just rescanned a few tracks from my library and this is looking superb. I guess I'll have to wait to do a whole new album to see for sure but for modern, quantized tracks this seems to be almost dead-on.

Thank you again, I was just starting to think that you'd forgotten the thread where I was reporting these issues but that is clearly not the case.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 8:45 pm
Another fantastic update to this feature. I have included a screenshot below. Tracks tagged with "adion2" still aren't detecting the first beat properly.

Tracks tagged with just "adion" were not detecting in the previous build but now have Perfect or Very Good detection - fantastic! Noticeably, the first beat is no longer ever detected before the start of the track.

http://imgur.com/XVNfp2z.png

Posted Wed 26 Apr 17 @ 8:55 pm
Sorry you lost me. Where is this Experimental Beat Analyzer?

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 1:05 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's a setting in VDJ Options. If set to Yes, tracks will be scanned (new ones or the ones you choose to re-analyze) with the new Engine which offers some correction mostly to the Beat phase. If you wish to do some test, make sure you are at Build 3710 (current Early Access) as some improvements have been offered.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 1:15 am
Thanks for the information @DJDAD. Sounds awesome.

Posted Thu 27 Apr 17 @ 1:20 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

The hope being that maybe the BPM engine will detect tempo changes and adjust accordingly, or simply have a "live" option.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 4:54 pm
I have some more tracks where it's struggled and detected the phase incorrectly.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 17 @ 10:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)