Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: License VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My son has a login here. He owns a Wego2. Turns out that he couldn't use VDJ LE because his controller was purchase 2nd hand and this is against the law (!) so the software could not be transferred to him. I own a lot of of audio software and I have my own opinion on this policy but perhaps that's better left alone at the moment. Anyway, I paid for VDJ8 and I logged into the site. Once in, I added my son's email to my account since I want him to be the registered user. After this, his account was locked and I can't activate the software using either my login or his. Interesting licensing arrangement, I must say. Any tips while I wait for my ticket response? My son is 13 and not very happy right now. Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 5:55 am
you should get a free 30 day demo of pro .. if this is the first time vdj8 is installed on that computer maybe that can hold him over in the mean time since only the support folks can fix this issue.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 2:00 pm
These are policy issues, and we all agree to these policies if we want to use this software. It is no different than any other software. If you check "I don't agree" on any software policy page, see what happens. No, the software is non-transferable. No, you can't have two registered users of the software. If you wanted your son to be the registered user, it should have been registered to his email in the beginning. Your son may be unhappy at the moment, but it will help him in the long run. I'm sure your ticket will be answered in the order that it came in, and they will be able to fix this issue.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 8:18 pm
I don't think support even read my email. Their reply was basically "you don't need a serial number" which I knew - since I know exactly how this type of activation works. In case anyone else has this issue: change your password on the web site, log out then open Virtual DJ and login from that to activate. I should send them an invoice.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 10:43 am
You were able to figure it out, that's great.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 8:05 pm
DJChizeHome userMember since 2017
i hope to learn more from you guys am from nigeria.....

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 3:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)