Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping Shortcut for Search With GeniusDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

Wondering, what's the action to map a shortcut to "Search With GeniusDJ" for the currently selected song(s)?

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 5:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No script to do this, the quick way is application key "S" "S" Enter

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 10:27 am
That's a bummer...

Ok, related question...

Once I've made a GeniusDJ search and have the results, I want to do another GeniusDJ search based on one of the song results in the first search.
Right clicking on a song from the GeniusDJ results, will only give me the option to "look up" that song. Once I've done that, I can select one of the "look up" results and then do the GeniusDJ search... Is there a way to skip the "look up" step and go straight to GeniusDJ search?

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 11:34 am
locodog wrote :
No script to do this, the quick way is application key "S" "S" Enter

Not sure what you mean... Can you explain please?

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 4:51 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 7:55 am
Five star sarcasm.

How about some help?

I'm on a mac, so a Windows specific application key, isn't a solution.

Is there a mappable verb similar to browser_options or deck_options, but which pulls up the right-click contextual menu (for the currently selection song).

Secondly, is once that menu is displayed, can an encoder be mapped to navigate that menu?

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 10:40 am
Has there been any change to the inability to map a keyboard shortcut to "Search with GeniusDJ"?

Posted Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 2:27 am
think he meant this key in combination with S

Posted Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 12:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure if that's what you re looking for, but you can set the focus to the GeniusDJ folder by mapping a button as
browser_gotofolder "Lists & Advice/GeniusDJ"

but probably not much useful as you need to drag a folder or some files to that folder first.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 12:36 am
Thanks for that... you're right though, not the full solution.

The action I need is...
With a track selected with the cursor (in the browser list), I need to select the "Search with GeniusDJ" option from the right-click menu.
That would then bring up the GeniusDJ folder, but populated by suitably related tracks.

Seems strange, and a bit frustrating that VDJ has limitations like this, when customisation is one of its strengths.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 4:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)