Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Cannot select (and then attenuate) beyond FX parameter no. 2 on any given FX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use an American Audio VMS5 controller for Virtual DJ 8.2

I cannot select between more than the first 2 parameter dials for any given FX. Would like to access all dials available, and this should be possible because you press a button (hardware) to move on to the next parameter dial (software), and the dial (hardware) above the button (hardware) alters the setting on the newly selected parameter dial (software). Yet it mysteriously stops at the 2nd dial (software), no further dials are selectable (most Virtual DJ FX seem to have on average 3 dials). I am not sure if that's actually a Virtual DJ software problem or an issue with the American Audio VMS5.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's software and for a reason

also don't say "can not" just admit you don't know if it's possible, and guess what? it is.

change
toggle 'FxCtrl'
to
cycle 'FxCtrl' X [x = Whatever dial you want to stop at and go back to dial 1 BUT minus 1 from your number ]

change [ I am assuming that X = 3 here, 4 dials]
var 'FxCtrl' ? effect_slider 2 : effect_slider 1
to
var 'FxCtrl' 1 ? effect_slider 2 : var 'FxCtrl' 2 ? effect_slider 3 : var 'FxCtrl' 3 ? effect_slider 4 : effect_slider 1

that will do it but you will have problems if an effect only has 2 dials
you could probably make it smarter with
effect_has_slider
but that's for you to figure out

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:40 am
locodog wrote :

also don't say "can not" just admit you don't know if it's possible, and guess what? it is.

Actually, that is all within the arc of my original wording.

locodog wrote :

... that will do it but you will have problems if an effect only has 2 dials
you could probably make it smarter with
effect_has_slider

Right, that explains why it was default set like that.

Therefore l've decided that l do not wish to fix this issue, because actually the first 2 dials could keep me happy anyway, and if a 4-dial solution, where an FX has only 2 dials, pushes my live performance over the precipice, then l'd rather not risk it.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 5:49 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I said there is a way to make it more dynamic [smarter] with
effect_has_slider

you could query has slider 3 if yes increase the var to 4 if not drop the var to 0. zero calling slider 1

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)