Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Shazam not working (b3493) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Don't know on which build this problem started but with 3493 shazam doesn't work. i tried logging out and logging in again and i created a problem. Every time i open Virtual DJ the shazam window pop ups with the message to log me in and it says: "cant log in with emai try a different way" so i try with facebook and nothing happens. I closed the window and tried multiple times even by restarting the computer.
Using windows 10 64 bit

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:58 am
shazam hasn't been working with email for months now, problem is their end (shazam), but works fine with facebook (conveniently/conspiricy theory)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 9:30 am
Even with Facebook, when i click to log in, it doesn't log me in. Maybe its because i use chrome for default browser ro sth.... I wish there is a way to just disable it totally till its fixed

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 3:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is indeed broken due to a change by Shazam, we are working on fixing it.

In the mean time, if you don't want to see shazam you can always disable the root folder from the browser options.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 3:43 pm
Adion, would that make the pop up disappear? I get the pop up to log in every time i run vdj.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 4:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The popup should only appear when opening the shazam folder.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 4:28 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Not working here also

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 4:37 pm
Adion it appears as soon as i open virtual DJ. Im not home noe but when i go I'll try to hide it root folder and see if it stops popping out

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 5:48 pm
I have always been logged in with Facebook. But my Shazam randomly recently stop working. The Shazam box is now empty. But my Shazam on everything else works fine, just on VDJ it does not work. Can someone please look into this, if you can find a build where it works fine that would be amazing... I am using a HP.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 11:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The latest Early Access Build 3510 should now show your first 10 Shazam tracks.
We are working on providing the entire list. since Shazam made some changes lately.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 5:48 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The following is just my personal opinion:

Scratch the whole shazam thing. It was/ is a nice to have feature but nothing mandatory and too unstable.
It only will decrease Atomix reputation everytime they (shazam) change something on their end.
Users will come to this forum and complain, and not on the shazam page.
At the end you will struggle to get it fixed every now and than, meaning people have to update, and shazam (I believe) don't gives a damn about a few VDJ users not able to use the service.
We are just to few. We emailed them months ago to please enable email login again. Nothing. And I'm not going to login with facebook since I don't use facebook.

Next thing is the email login process. I really can't count the amounts of activation emails I got, or better, had to create, while trying to get it working. Wrong browser, not able to paste the email link, shazam website throwing an "ooops" error and so on.

It only creates problems. And how many people that are using shazam forget their mobile and are therefore not able to just pull it out and have a look on the mobile IF they need to have look at their shazams.

The only feature that is usefull is the shazam cloudlist. But I guess that will still work even if the shazam root folder will disappear again.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 7:37 am
^ i agree.. even though i use it. shazam is giving headaches... Its from their end. If they don't talk this with the Atomix team then we most likely will have issues with it all the time...

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 7:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If it's too much trouble for some, you have a choice NOT to use it :)

Known debate "Do we need all those bells and whistles" ? Short answer. : Some do, some don't, its just a matter of having more choices, and you all know VirtualDJ's moto for years "You can do more" ;)

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 6:33 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm with you.

But than it should work. Stable. Easy to use.
Then you have a real choice. But if you want to, and are not able to, even if it not VDJs fault, it is no good advertisement for VDJ.
Then it is not 'I can do more', then it is ' I want do more but I'm not able to'.

But as said above, its just my opinion ;)

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 7:05 pm
Still not working on latest early access. I have disabled it for now. no window pop ups so that is good.

Posted Fri 11 Nov 16 @ 3:26 am
looks like its working again in latest build. (with facebook login).

Posted Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 5:12 pm
It isn't working for me. I can sign in but my list wont populate when I refresh.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 16 @ 2:58 am
build 3517 and it doesn't let me log in.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 3:59 am
Honestly, I love the Shazam product for Virtual DJ when it was working. I hope you guys keep it because it helps and since I know Shazam is under construction, I respect it by not touching it in VDJ and I'll wait. I support growth.

Speaking of growth, what y'all should do is focus more on the expansion of song selection for Content Unlimited. The biggest reason why I chose Virtual DJ over Serato as my go-to software was the fact the Content Unlimited had a wider selection than the program Serato was offering. Way better so I am proud for VDJ about that.

Now as a DJ, I get requests for a lot of old school funk and old school hip hop records and when I went to C.U. to type in artists like Earth, Wind & Fire or Marvin Gaye, I get like 8 or 9 songs as a result and most of them are 2016 House Remixes. Mmm ok, but really kind of disappointing since these artists have had decades of hits. Luckily I have their hits on vinyl, but for the DJ's who doesn't, he's out of luck. If anything, Shazam should continue to be utilized as a tool in Virtual DJ for the new generation that have some old school homework to do as well as a reference point for Content Unlimited to enhance their selection. That's my take on it.

I know there are procedures and paperwork to go through licensing-wise before Content Unlimited can expand but I'm root for you guys. I don't even use Spotify or Apple Music or anything else if I can't play it in Virtual DJ and I respect that. With that, I encourage C.U. to try to expand the catalog some more.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 1:45 am
DjBlaze.
We're not asking for your take or anyone else's.
I reported an issue which still is not fixed.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 1:56 am
83%