Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MacOS Sierra - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
All,

Before 100 people ask, VDJ 8.2 works perfectly fine under the new forthcoming release of MacOS, named Sierra. I've had the final build of Sierra for the last week and have completed a number of events using it with ZERO problems.

When it's available on the 20th, you are fine with upgrading if you choose to.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 3:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualDJ never had issues with any of the new Operating systems. Its the hardware and their drivers that usually have. So, yes, your hardware may work nicely with the new Mac OSX, but this doesnt mean that users should update their OS right from day 1.
Common sense says, that you should wait for a couple of months prior doing that , especially if its your gig laptop, and always consult the manufacture's webpage for drivers update or known issues.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 6:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whilst we have tested and don't anticipate any issues with our software on this new OS release, I would (as always) advise caution and testing before doing any upgrade.

For example there may yet be undiscovered issues surrounding manufacturers drivers. It wouldn't be the first time!

I personally wouldn't rush into the upgrade.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 6:21 pm
And I would generally agree. This post was more about Virtual DJ, not necessarily hardware related.

On the Denon front, here's some additional comments that I posted to the Denon specific forums in regards to Sierra: (Posted a week ago)

If you use a Mac and are tempted to upgrade to MacOS Sierra (it's available today if you were part of the beta or full GA on 9/20), be aware that there's a compatibility issue with the MCX8000. (The controller does not show up in the MIDI panel, meaning that you cannot get audio to route through it.)

These controllers have been tested and work correctly:
MC2000
MC3000
MC4000
MC6000
MC6000MK2

In regards to the MCX8000, there is a firmware bug which prevents the controller from appearing in the Audio MIDI panel. There WILL be another firmware update to fix that prior to Sierra being released on 9/20 based on some notes from Denon.

I have NOT tested any Pioneer controllers under Sierra as of yet.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 6:59 pm
I would of thought that after the whole El Cap crap people would of learned their lesson.

What is it that you need so bad in Sierra that makes you wanna risk everything??

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 7:38 pm
Well plenty of people upgraded to windows 10 for no apparent benefit and ignored all the warnings .....

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:13 pm
Sitting on 8.1 over here

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:22 pm
I waited until the final hour, literally to upgrade my 4 machines, and can name 3 benefits right off the bat.

1. It was free.
2. Greater security
3. All machines start faster
4. All machines now have the same OS.

I'm sure there are other benefits that I don't even know about. However, it is best not to upgrade right away, if your machine is working fine. As stated, I waited until the last day and the final hour to complete my update to Win 10.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please lets keep this topic for info and feedback about the new Max OSX Siera to avoid opening multiple topics in the near future.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 2:37 pm
As an update, Denon did release the MCX8000 1.4 firmware a day or two ago which now makes the device fully compliant with MacOS Sierra.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 16 @ 2:13 am

Posted Wed 05 Oct 16 @ 2:30 am
gfizzlePRO InfinityMember since 2010
virtual dj 8 and ddj sx2 works fine with sierra new os, but I have experience and little issue that am not sure either it was virtualdj or the new os, when I minimize virtualdj 8 it will come back full screen and I have to close virtualdj and reopen, after upgrade my os I get that alot

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 9:31 am
@gfizzle what happens if you click the green plus icon and while holding down the alt key?

Posted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 10:02 am
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Used Sierra for the first time at a gig last night. Had tested fully prior to gig. Worked well on MacBook Pro for over 4 hours. No glitches except that I noticed my settings for automatic display shut-off was set to 15 minutes (where I usually have it set for an hour). Simple readjustment fixed that.
All libraries intact.
VDJ 8.1 with Numark Mixtrack Quad working with no problems.
As a side note, prior to Sierra (with Yosemite and El Capitan)-- setting up my iPhone Personal Hotspot was always a bit of a chore. Would always take a minute or two to get mu iPhone 6 and MBP to sync up.
This time, when I turned on Personal Hotspot for the first time I reached for my MBP keyboard to start searching for the iPhone I noticed it was already connected. Connected in mere split seconds.
Outstanding!
I tested it after soundcheck (before guests started coming in) and it was the same every time. Flip the iPhone's Personal Hotspot switch on in Settings, and BAM-- it shows up on the MBP.

Posted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 1:44 pm
djnet71PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Has anyone use any hercules controler on SIERRA?

Posted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 8:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just a heads up:

Denon mixers - the X1600 and X1700 (and I would imagine the X600 too) are NOT supported under OS X Sierra as audio devices. If you upgrade to Sierra then you will no longer be able to use them as soundcards.

Denon are aware but as they are no longer supported they have no plans to fix.

A number of NI devices are now also listed as unsupported as of Sierra:

* S4 MK1
* TRAKTOR AUDIO 2
* AUDIO 2 DJ
* AUDIO 4 DJ
* AUDIO 8 DJ

From my testing they do seem to work, but obviously take NI's warning on board.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 7:39 pm
Hi everyone, I just updated my Mac book Pro from last year to Sierra from El capitan today and VDJ 8.2 is completely unstable (screen flashing and shutting down) ...any input?
It is the case if I use the the laptop by itself or with a mixer. The problem start as soon as I open VDJ; the screen is unstable.
Thanks,
Jeff

Posted Sun 13 Nov 16 @ 12:01 pm
For information, I just did a OS Sierra and it seems to have solved the problem.
Cheers

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 8:14 am
SBDJ wrote :

Denon mixers - the X1600 and X1700 (and I would imagine the X600 too) are NOT supported under OS X Sierra as audio devices. If you upgrade to Sierra then you will no longer be able to use them as soundcards.

Denon are aware but as they are no longer supported they have no plans to fix.

That's simply a bad joke from Denon!!! Even my old VCI400 works like a charm.

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 5:01 pm
Well,
Unfortunately my VDJ is still unstable after the OS X sierra update ...better than before, but still unstable...any suggestions?
Thanks

Posted Wed 16 Nov 16 @ 9:50 pm
74%