Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: No cue on denon dn-x500 mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need some info or help, I feel a bit duh but I cant find a denon forum for this so posted here since I use VDJ and the denon hc4500 which work very well.
I have a denon mixer from 2009 in great shape always pampered, I was doing weekly shows for years no problems,
then took a couple years off when dad died, gear has been stored in flight case, the other day I was asked to do a guess show I went to fire up the gear to do some testing and shake off my dust and I have no cue, checked several sets of headphones and tested them on other gear, I am savvy the cue settings are correct,
if all other sounds in room is off I can hear the faintest of sound in the cue headphones but of course that doesn't help cueing during a show,
I did some other tests and do not believe the jack itself is bad.

Has anyone heard of this with denon x500?

I have dj'ed over 35 years and never had cue fail before on any gear so it's new one for me.

I am in central florida does anyone repair these things or is it best to buy another.

Thanks for any help.
cheers,
Bats

I

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 4:14 am
Since you do hear the faintest sounds, are your pan, split cue and volume set correctly? What version of VDJ are you using, OS, your sound settings?

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 4:45 am
The denon dn-x500 is an external mixer and VDJ is sending it's signal via usb from my lap top to a denon hc4500 which in turn sends it's signal to the mixer,
VDJ software doesn't have a bearing in this set up, cue is dependent of the mixer not vdj

For example and to better clarify the problem,
I also have cd trays and other sources to the mixer all have the same issue with no cue, I can unplug the denon hc4500 and VDJ and the mixer still has no cue,

I also stated I have the settings correct for cue, it's a mixer problem and I was curious if anyone else heard of this issue with this mixer,

thanks!

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 9:14 pm
Hello. Under the master led meter there is a 'cue master' button. You have to press that button(leave it pressed all the time) and than press the cue button on the channel you want to cue.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 7:05 pm
I really do need and appreciate help but like I said I do know this mixer well and have been using it since 09 I have been a dj over 35 years, it's not a settings issue....I assure you the cue settings are correct.

I wish it was just a button I didn't hit that would make this simple.

The cue LEDs bounce like they get a signal just nothing out the headphones and like I said I checked the jack.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 1:47 pm
I guess you need to get it serviced by Denon.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 1:57 pm
I was just doing some research thinking someone might have ran into this issue with this mixer, denon service, well, they sent me a list of service centers I called one, I send the miser to them and for 50 bucks they tell me if they can figure out what is wrong and if they can how much more to fix it...

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 8:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)