Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ads

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I get that this is a free download and I appreciate it, but what the hell is the point if I get an ad script error every 2 minutes. Especially when I cannot get passed it and can't use the software. Fix it!

Posted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 4:25 am
There is nothing to fix. The free version was designed that way because........well someone has to pay. These ads allow the company to offer free versions to try the software out. If you like the software, you can purchase a license and it will be ad free. This is actually a common practice with a lot of free software.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 6:54 am
Rick, there is another post on this. The script error completely locks VDJ.

Still not fixed and I reported it weeks ago.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 7:45 am
The script error is being looked at.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 9:23 am
WRKeyControlleristMember since 2016
This still needs to be fixed. But here is the problem they will have. The Script error comes from the Ads themselves. If they ad companies create ads with bad scripts then it will crash the VDJ system and there is no way for the VDJ to avoid that. I understand their need to have the Ad supported version, but until they figure out how to stop the cross-scripting errors or force their Ad companies to make more reliable ads, the problems will persist.

Ad supported versions (free version) are generally provided as a 'demo' of the system that then promotes the purchase. In this case, the system becomes completely unusable and users can't even try the system out or even worse they demos a system that constantly locks up (due to the ad) and they assume the VDJ system is buggy and don't buy it.

I think the VDJ group is shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 5:52 pm
I agree. It's the best way to make people avoid the software going forward as many will think it attracts malware.

The very small amount of revenue the ads will make will result in a far greater loss of potential future business.

Microsoft are doing the same thing with Windows 10 and that's not going well.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 7:54 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I must admit, I had a google of 'virtualdj ads' and you get lots links to crappy anti-malware apps that the gullible will believe.
Also the targeting of the ads is very poor [might be my ad profile as I've adblocked for years] instead of the usual click bait, why not have ads based on Dj'ing stuff, If say a user sees a HW add and buys it, then they're then thinking about a licence.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 8:19 pm
an ad here or there is cool. but an ad every minute ruins what once was an awesome bit of software .... solution = turn off your wi-fi and carry on

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 9:17 pm
I don't get any ads. This software is no different than any other free software. The ads are based on who wants to advertise, and pays. I have plenty of apps on my phones, and I pay for the upgrade, so I don't see ads. Very simple solution.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 11:23 pm
Ads are still killing the free version. Used it today to save me having to log a machine out and it completely froze VDJ so I had to CTRL+Alt+Del to get out.

The ads below is the one that caused the script error and crash.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 4:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)