Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Streaming to caster.fm using VirtualDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I have been looking to solve this issue for a couple days and I couldn't find a straight forward answer.

I am trying to stream to a caster.fm server using virtual dj 8, I have configured all the settings correctly but when I attempt to stream it says:
Error: Invalid Stream Content Type !

Only Mp3 Encoded Streams are Supported! Please Choose Lame Mp3 Encoding.

When I attempt to turn to Shoutcast it say's "impossible to connect to server...".

If anyone could attempt to help I would be really grateful!

note: I have got the full version of virtual dj 8.1
Thanks -Louis

Posted Sun 27 Dec 15 @ 7:18 pm
Virtual DJ 8.1*

Posted Sun 27 Dec 15 @ 7:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you select mp3 as broadcast format?

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 12:19 am
Adion wrote :
Did you select mp3 as broadcast format?

Yes if you mean on the record tab, under filename I have chosen mp3 from the dropdown menu.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 5:34 am
No, not recording. You said you were trying to stream/broadcast.

If you're getting a message saying that you need to broadcast in MP3 format, then you need to make sure that broadcastDirectFormat is set to MP3.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 12:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
No, not recording. You said you were trying to stream/broadcast.

If you're getting a message saying that you need to broadcast in MP3 format, then you need to make sure that broadcastDirectFormat is set to MP3.

How do I do that? Sorry I'm very new to the software.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 6:59 pm
Start by reading the VDJ User Guide (a.k.a. the manual). :-)

Just this once I'll hold your hand.... You need to select settings/config/options and search for said phrase there. You may need to tick the 'advanced settings' box too.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 15 @ 7:46 pm
groovindj wrote :
Start by reading the VDJ User Guide (a.k.a. the manual). :-)

Just this once I'll hold your hand.... You need to select settings/config/options and search for said phrase there. You may need to tick the 'advanced settings' box too.

I think this has sorted it! Thank you a lot.

by the way, thanks for not making me read the manual! ;)

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 12:13 am
NOTE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THE SAME ISSUE AND HAS FOUND THIS FORUM:
1. Check that the Encoding Quality is MP3 and if you are trying to broadcast on caster.fm make sure its below 128 kbps or your account will be banned (you can change the encoding quality on broadcast).
2. Search on options MP3 then click advanced options, you should see "BroadcastDirectFormat" if it says "ogg" next to it click or double click it then select MP3 from the dropdown box which will appear.
3. Try to use Icecast instead of Shoutcast because for me personally it was easier.
4. On "Server URL" in broadcast type: "shaincast.caster.fm" (without the ") instead of the IP address of the site.

That's all the advice I can give you if you don't know what else to do make a forum like I did a kind person will help I'm sure!

Posted Tue 29 Dec 15 @ 1:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)