Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Database transfer on Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I've tried resolving this issue on my own, but it's kicking my arse! (lol)
Basically, I need to add my existing Database (cue points, playlists, etc) from Version 7 to Version 8. I tried following instructions to do a clean install with my existing Database, but it's not working out.

I've attached a picture of my external hard drive. I only use this drive while working in the application.
Please help.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 12:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, nothing is changed in your computer (no Windows upgrade, no different User-name) and want to use the ver7 database with 8 ?
If so, then do these..
- From Documents/VirtualDJ folder, delete (or rather move to a different folder as backup) database.xml , settings.xml and the "Folders" folder
- From any other External Drive (other than C:) , delete (or rather move to a different folder as backup) the database.xml and the /VirtualDJ folder
Launch VirtualDJ 8. Normally it should see ver 7 databases and create new ones for version 8 (hopefully the ver 7 databases are present : )

for Playlists, all u need to have is your Playlists in the /Playlists folder. Version 8 will read them properly. But keep in mind that Playlists are actually links/paths, so if the path is changed VDJ will fail to load files)

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 8:03 am
Thanks. So, version 7 databases are the ones called v6.xml ?

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 5:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes indeed.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 11:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)