Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NI Traktor Audio 2 MK II not working properly under Win10 and VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NI Traktor Audio 2 MK2 is unable to route properly separate headphones and main output in VDJ8 under Win10

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 11:00 am
Check the drivers for the card are compatible with windows 10. Many are not .....

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 11:33 am
you're the second one with this problem

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/203540/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Traktor_audio_2_and_VDJ8_need_help.html

I know that this Audio 2DJ (NI/Traktor) does not support usb 3.0. Have not tested mine with Windows 10 to see the problems both of you are having.

Maybe I won't (knowing from you guys that it does not work correctly) One way for me to stay away from 10 for now.

Dunno why Taktor/NI does not update this soundcard (even a support for USB 3.0 would be nice). Soon or maybe now, all laptops have USB 3.0.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 2:12 pm
NI states that all their dreivers are compatible for win 10, I think problem is more into vdj8 and NI Traktor Audio. Its quite surprising I cant find anybody who got same card under win 10. Is there some alrernative for NI TRaktor Audio 2 MK II in same quality and size ?

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 3:09 pm
In my ASUS system, when I plug the NI Audio 2 in the USB 3.0, I get BSOD.

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 5:40 pm
hmm did u contacted NI about this issue ? Thats unfortunate NI didnt updated their drivers for traktor audio 2 for long time. If there was alternative to this card I would buy it instead - but there is not any similar card with that small size in same quality, so simply there is no adequate alternative for Traktor Audio 2 MK II :-(

Posted Sun 06 Sep 15 @ 5:51 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
MAybe the Denon DS1 is an alternative.
But it is relatively expensive, if you ask me.

Posted Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 8:17 am
I think bug can be confirmed. Because NI Traktor Audio 2 MK2 is working fine under Traktor DJ software and routing main and headphones is OKay, also soundcard driver is confirmed to work under win 10 problem clearly point to VDJ8 - VDJ8 is unable to properly route that soundcard to separate main and headphones outputs of TRaktor Audio 2 Soundcard. Does developers knows about that already ?

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 1:37 pm
That doesn't make sense.

If the Audio 2 is working with Traktor then clearly the computer operating system is aware of it, and the driver is correctly installed.

Therefore, VDJ should be able to access the Audio 2 via the same driver.

Are you absolutely 100% certain that you have configured the audio setup in VDJ correctly? You've not posted a picture of the settings you're using.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 8:52 pm
yes indeed thats correct - Traktor DJ software identify soundcard and autoconfigure and route it absolutely OK - separate main and separate headphones. VDJ identifies soundcard too, but rounting to main and separate headphones is impossible whatever I do. I had VDJ support on remote check with same results, they will make some more tests but so far looks to me VDJ is uncompatible with NI soundcard driver..

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 3:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If using wasapi as driver, it could be useful to try with exclusiveAudioAccess set to yes

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 4:33 pm
I just installed my original NI Audio 2 DJ soundcard into a spare Win10 Enterprise. Installed the ASIO 3.1 that's off the NI/Traktor web page.

I am able to select AUDIODJ ASIO for Main Channel and Headphones.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 5:27 pm
maybe something with that new version MK2 card.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 5:28 pm
Problem solved, the problem was cue button on soundcard. With traktor software it turns cue function automatically off, but on other software not, thats why it worked like a charm in Traktor and not in VDJ - so I just needed adjust cue button if working on other software than Traktor. This should be mentioned in RED in manual as its very confusing - spend week time troubleshooting this. So if you have Traktor Audio 2 MKII soundcard and you have trouble separate main and headphones output. Solve it very easy 1) use asio driver (not wasapi) and adjust cue mix button scroller on left side of soundcard and you are fine.. Big thanx Moramax from VDJ support to help me troubleshoot this issue, without him I will prolly never solve it..

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 10:57 pm
Hi, I have this problem with my MK2, can you put a picture from "adjust cue mix button scroller on left side of soundcard ", sorry but I am just starting with all of this, very beginner ;)) Thank's for your help.

Posted Wed 25 May 16 @ 7:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)