Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: new controller or not

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ss2274Home userMember since 2015

Last week I bought thw mixtrackIII. Yea i is solid controller for plasticy and for the bedroom. But what if I wanted to play out. I want to be taken seriously and walking into a club with a mixtrack will get a lot of laugh. I used to have a Novation Twitch, Which was an awesomely, solid built, professional controller. So I have been looking at picked one up used. I still can't figure out why they stop making them or why they didn't sell better than they did. My first question that makes me think is....are these higher end controllers really better than the Mixtrack?? Do they have increased functionality? or i the only difference only the build quality and the software? I have to admit I prefer Serato. I have also also considered picking up a used Vestax VCI-100 or the VCI-300. Those Vestax's where the first of their kind, they are solidly built but have never played one. What do you think about those 3 controllers? Which is best? are they really better than the mixtrack?

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 12:59 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
is not what u have that impresses, is what u do with the gear u have that matters.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 3:41 am
If the Mixtrack 3 works for you then just keep it. The other 2 you mention are outdated and Vestax has went under, that very reason alone should be enough for you to stay away from them. Sure they'll probably work with VDJ but what are you gonna do if you need a firmware update??

If you really need a new controller look at a Denon or a Reloop, I've never used either but most reviews have been good plus both companies are still afloat.....

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 5:14 am
I have tried everything as I sell most of it.. Truth is gear makes a difference as hands on .. It also makes a difference in the cost of you doing a event.. If you show up with no gear most feel taken. show up with a small controller and get no complaints . show up with a huge rig and can use it your a legend.. truth is you can do all the same things with a click of a mouse its all perception.. my attitude is pack small play big..

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 6:50 pm
I have a mixtrack 3 and have gigged out with it, no snickers, most look at my set up and say "Pretty slick" admittedly there isn't probably a professional dj among them but other DJ's don't pay my bills. YMMV What would say if you saw this setup??

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 5:00 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Everybody has to start somewhere. But what I believe is...

"If you're serious with the job, you have to be serious with the gear."

And this applies not just to dj'ing but to most jobs that requires tools/equipment.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 11:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)