Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: iTunes 12 Compatibility

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VirtualDJ uses the iTunes Library.xml file to read your iTunes database. In iTunes 12, this xml file is not shared by default and may cause your iTunes library to not be read by VDJ.

To correct this go to Preferences>Advanced and insure that Share iTunes Library XML with other applications is checked.

After this, close iTunes completely. It will generate the XML file required by VirtualDJ and you will then be able to launch the software to have complete access to your iTunes Library.

Posted Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 9:00 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
????????????Sure.. delete my comment. Just trying to help.

I should be at 5 stars by now, at least!

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 1:28 pm
This does not address the problem that I am having. The button that used to say Reload now says Recurse. Can you please help me with this problem. I have no way to update my playlist on Virtual Dj8 from iTunes. Please help!

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 3:36 am

SBDJMember since 2006
This thread is a notification for people regarding the recent change in iTunes which disables it from working at all with VirtualDJ and other applications.

It is not for other issues or optimisation tips. Please start your own thread for those.

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 8:10 am
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
What you are saying that new itunes 12 is no longer with Virtual DJ 7. So if buy CD and I want to upload on to my pc to get my Virtual DJ 7 playlists without itunes on my pc.
From Jeremy Knight

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 11:32 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
iTunes 12 works with VDJ 7. Read the first post again.

Also, the default DB name of iTunes may change. I forget to what, but you may need to point 7 at the new DB. Which can be done with the registry tool.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 1:46 am
kajamaHome userMember since 2015
VDJ8 has no problem reading my itunes library, but won't read my different playlists.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 8:49 pm
I have a feeling you have multiple databases. iTunes 12.2+ most likely made a new copy of your old DB before it "upgraded" the database for the new version of iTunes. VDJ is probably pointing to the old one still, so you are not seeing any changes after the upgrade of iTunes.

Old iTunes DB "iTunes Music Library.xml"
New updated iTunes DB "iTunes Library.xml"

You need to change VDJ to use the newly upgraded library file. Under VDJ 8, Settings, Options. For VDJ 7 it is done with the Registry tool.
VDJ 8 iTunes library option:

These should have been included with the original instructions at the top. I think more people are running into this with the new version of iTunes. Most of us are being forced to use 12.2+ (riddled with all kinds of issues) if we want to sync with IOS 9 (just release).

I will add one more piece of advice. Any Music Videos bought from the iTunes music store use to be DRM free for years. However with the addition of Apple Music (aka Beats music service) introduced in iTunes 12.2+, any newly purchased Music Videos will have DRM again. Which is a bug they also had for purchased Audio tracks at first. The purchased Audio tracks bug was fixed in iTunes 12.2.2. But Music Videos still have this issue. When I go back to iTunes 12.1 (on my back up machine) I can re-download the video without DRM.

If your iTunes purchases have DRM, they will not be playable in VDJ.

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 9:50 pm
iTunes store, Music Videos get DRM is now fixed in iTunes 12.3.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 7:58 pm
Just upgraded to El Capitan and iTunes 12.3. My most recent playlists that I've made on iTunes aren't importing to VDJ 8. Any Ideas why this is happening?

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 4:21 am
Yea, read 2 posts up. Your Database file name probably changed.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 10:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)