Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DJ DJM-S9 Mixer - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

That's one sexy ass mixer and I for 1 will be gettin one.

The only thing its missing is the send/returns which I find weird but still it seems like a solid mixer.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 1:06 pm
I thought it would have a USB hub for CDJ etc, and for pretty much the same money you can get a Rane 64.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 3:01 pm
Don't like those tiny little buttons on the 64. This is a nice mixer.......

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 3:53 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I will get one for myself too for sure!
But I won't be in a hurry for 3 reasons:
1. Wait for our dollar (CDN) to kick up for a little bit.

2. I need to bring back my love for TTs (SZ just became my favorite go to unit during the past year). Recently, I bought a pair of used STR8-150s to install permanently at the club.

3. Make sure all bugs and compatibility issues are ironed out.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 8:37 pm
Just got rid of my STR8-150s, the buttons went sticky after cleaning it with glass cleaner, I used nail varnish remover to get rid of the glue residue which also removed the printed text. Beck to technics I go, got myself a mk5 and on the look out for another, like belt drive compared to super OEM table :( but happy still.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 10:11 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
I thought it would have a USB hub for CDJ etc, and for pretty much the same money you can get a Rane 64.

True and no usb hub, plus other things allow me to think there will be a MKII sooner than later.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 3:51 am
They can't make any money, if they give you everything at once.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 3:54 am
There's only 1 mixer on the market right now that acts as a hub and that's Z by Native Instruments. Rane doesn't even do that.

Atleast it has dual soundcards for easy change overs plus onboard fx's which I'm pretty sure the 62 doesn't even have.

The only thing that would of made this mixer any better is if they would of added send/return hookups for an external fx unit likes kaoss pad or something.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 11:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Atleast it has dual soundcards for easy change overs plus onboard fx's which I'm pretty sure the 62 doesn't even have.

You re wrong. Both Rane 62 and 64 have 2 USB ports with dual sound-cards for smooth computers change-over.

And a personal comment. Next step for Pioneer would be to put PADs on the CDJs lol.
But anyways, overall, the mixer seems to offer lot of features and definitely i ll be looking forward to get that in my hands at the BPM show.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 12:32 pm
Yeah Bob that's what I said, what the others don't have are the onboard fx's.....which I am wrong about. The 62 has 6 onboard fx's, the 68 I don't know about but I guess I could google it.......

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 3:00 pm
I really like this mixer. I hope its not that expensive because I am interested in buying it.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 2:40 am
Caliente123 wrote :
I really like this mixer. I hope its not that expensive because I am interested in buying it.

It's said toe cost $1699 and the Gold version will be $1799.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 2:52 am
djmidzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Any idea how long until the s9 is supported???

Posted Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 2:04 am
djmidz wrote :
Any idea how long until the s9 is supported???

Probably shortly after it comes out. It's basically a DJM with the SP-1 all in one. Each of those units are already supported so I would think sooner rather then later.

Posted Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 2:12 am
Less than a month away and only Pio has shown their hand, surly there is more than 1 company keeping it real?

Posted Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 8:12 pm

Posted Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 8:37 pm
The more I look at this mixer, the more I want to buy it. Its a expensive but, I have a feeling pioneer will sell many of them. I just noticed that it has 2 USB ports.. It will make switching from DJ to DJ a breeze.

Posted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 3:27 am
this is the mixer im gunning for :) i was going to save for a rane as i love them but that fader is sooo sweet

Posted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 4:11 am
I'm confused. It's a mixer with controller features but where are the play, pause, cue buttons?

Posted Wed 19 Aug 15 @ 7:54 am
17%