Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: whats the best PC hardware setup - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
PachN is an excellent forum member, I have seen him help a large number of people.
That as far as I can remember is the only sharp reply I've seen him make.

AMAHM is old ( mid 60's) , like myself, and were both stuck in our ways.
He underestimates Linux.
That's ok.
AMAHM also helps a lot of people.

Neither are staff.

Staff do help here quite often, and they behave in the professional manner you would expect.
You will find that even the most senior people in the company will appear, and help.
I find that astounding.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 9:58 am
I just thought to throw in some stuff related to topic, if that's ok ;)
I am not using laptops, I use two PC's I built myself with ITX mainboard, SSD disks, and installed only for using VDJ8.
The first one, which is my main PC is running an Intel I5-650, 6GB of RAM, About 500GB of SSD.
The seconds one, which is my back-up, did I build quite newly, it's an Intel Q1900 quad-core low power CPU with 8GB of RAM.
They both handle VDJ8 perfectly and I use 4 MIDI controllers to the main PC and one MIDI controller to my backup.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 11:50 am
MrJackson2014 wrote :
I just thought to throw in some stuff related to topic, if that's ok ;)
I am not using laptops, I use two PC's I built myself with ITX mainboard, SSD disks, and installed only for using VDJ8.
The first one, which is my main PC is running an Intel I5-650, 6GB of RAM, About 500GB of SSD.
The seconds one, which is my back-up, did I build quite newly, it's an Intel Q1900 quad-core low power CPU with 8GB of RAM.
They both handle VDJ8 perfectly and I use 4 MIDI controllers to the main PC and one MIDI controller to my backup.

Sweet thanks for the information glad to see another member post about the actual topic

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 12:15 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm not a moderator. I'm just a normal user as you are.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 1:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You know the saying "ask a stupid question...."?, this applies to this thread.

Just buy the best most future proofed MB you can, generally intel cpus offer less problems than AMD but that's probably history now.

As a community we get "what's the best?" questions all the time, the answer is always the same, the fastest, RAM laden you can afford.
Not that you need to spend that much, a fully loaded 5 year old machine will run V8 perfectly fine, As you know.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 2:19 pm
locodog wrote :
You know the saying "ask a stupid question...."?, this applies to this thread.

Just buy the best most future proofed MB you can, generally intel cpus offer less problems than AMD but that's probably history now.

As a community we get "what's the best?" questions all the time, the answer is always the same, the fastest, RAM laden you can afford.
Not that you need to spend that much, a fully loaded 5 year old machine will run V8 perfectly fine, As you know.

Yes I Know an older fully loaded machine would run V.8* just fine and I don't believe it was a stupid question thanks to those who actually shared what hardware they use and or suggested hardware as that was the OG ? I believe I will be going with an Asus MB and will be building me a desktop I don't mind lugging it around to gigs but a laptop is much more portable and faster to set-up but I will be looking into this MB https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97KUSB31/

http://www.virtualdj.com/image/thumb/24251/168525/overview_a.png
what do you think

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 4:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)