Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: whats the best PC hardware setup - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I am looking for insight on the best hardware setup for laptop PC I plan on upgrading soon but want to custom build so i can run Windows 7 pro not windows 8/8.1 or windows 10 currently i have a Toshiba laptop with 1Tb HDD a 2.8GHz quad core processor and 8GB of ram and works really well but its about 7 years old obviously i have upgraded it since i bought it but I am looking to build with new hardware any suggestions are appreciated thanks in advance

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:47 pm
I have used a desktop since the late 90's, and I have only been using a laptop since December 14. I have this one. Run video all night (8 hours), Zone Alarm running, 4 video websites open, and on the forum. HDMI out, 7 port usb3 hub with three 2TB external drives, controller with Launchpad S connected. I don't know what overheating is. I still miss my 24 inch monitor, and the 8TB internal drives (I don't know how I manage now with only 7TB).

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 4:51 pm
Happy for your setup I was looking for insight on this not for someone to tell me what they might or might not actually have I have used desktops in the past but with todays tech I can pack just as much power in a portable laptop I was mainly looking for suggestions on what motherboard and processor I should use "thanks" for the input

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 11:41 am
ASUS Motherboards, Intel i7, NVidia graphics cards. These were the components that I used to build my desktops, and the reason I bought the laptop. They work.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 12:24 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
ASUS Motherboards, Intel i7, NVidia graphics cards. These were the components that I used to build my desktops, and the reason I bought the laptop. They work.

Thanks for the input

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 12:58 pm
Fixed the error.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:22 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Fixed the error.

fixed what error??

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:39 pm
I said desktop instead of laptop.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:59 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
You already understand that its worth trying to ensure there is scope for a future upgrade.
The cpu can be tricky, one which would cost a fortune now would go for very little second hand in a year, or two.
I think you're more able than most to plan for your next machine.

AMAHM has pointed you in the right direction.
You're choices might offer wisdom to the young.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 2:05 pm
bigron1 wrote :
You already understand that its worth trying to ensure there is scope for a future upgrade.
The cpu can be tricky, one which would cost a fortune now would go for very little second hand in a year, or two.
I think you're more able than most to plan for your next machine.

AMAHM has pointed you in the right direction.
You're choices might offer wisdom to the young.

I have been building computers since i was 14 i was mainly just looking to see what type of hardware other Dj's use its really messed up that some people have to be so damn arrogant and act like they are better than someone else but thanks have a great day

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 3:51 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 4:19 pm
PachN this guy has just posted a simple question asking if Atomix will support Linux in the future.
This was the reply from moderator A Man and His Music..

A Man and His Music
Stop it. Linux is not real, it's all in your mind. Linux is like the car kit you bought, and put together in the garage. It's still there. Yeah you take it out every now and then, add something new every year, but you know you can't drive it everyday. I mean the Yugo was a car, just like BMW is a car.

mrgrumpy1
Thanks A Man, I got a kick outa that! Cheers!

A Man and His Music
I was laughing as I was writing it.

Someone representing the best DJ software in our world should not have an ignorant laugh at the expense of a customer.

Hence this guy is not going to be pleased with further comments from AMAHM.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 4:44 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Wrong Thread ron...
This one is not about linux.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 4:48 pm
You obviously don't understand Rick (AMAHM)'s sense of humour. He's one of the nicest guys around here.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 4:49 pm
This is suppose to be a forum to represent the best DJ software in our world.
It's not comic central for nice guys.
I understand.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 4:56 pm
Look I like AMAHM, but people come here with questions, or maybe just want to learn about DJ'ing.
They do not have time to get use to him.

I don't mind if I get a bit of stick, but someone new might take offense.
I thought AMAHM's comment was funny, obviously this guy did not.
AMAHM needs to restrict his humour to those who understand.
I can live with it.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 5:02 pm
Hi, idk if im in the right category but im a local dj in Louisiana and i compete in a lot of scratch battles. Some battles allow me to use my NS7 II which means i can use virtual dj however, there are battles where i have to use serato or tracktor. I love VDJ and like to stand out and be the only dj that uses that program in dj battles because ppl always claim vdj isnt a real program but what are the best products i can use in order to do vinyl shows? What sound card can i use that will work flawlessly. Is there a mixer that vdj has thats similar to the rane mixer with a built in sound card? please help me i want to invest in a vinyl set dedicated to vdj

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 10:38 pm
DJCMix42, your question has nothing to do with this topic. Please do not hijack threads, and start your own thread. You can use any soundcard with Virtual DJ, including the ones used by our competitors. Again, please start your own thread. I also see that you have posted this same question in another thread. Please do not double post your questions, in multiple post. The other post is in an appropriate thread, so no need to reply to this.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 11:07 pm
bigron1 wrote :
PachN this guy has just posted a simple question asking if Atomix will support Linux in the future.
This was the reply from moderator A Man and His Music..

A Man and His Music
Stop it. Linux is not real, it's all in your mind. Linux is like the car kit you bought, and put together in the garage. It's still there. Yeah you take it out every now and then, add something new every year, but you know you can't drive it everyday. I mean the Yugo was a car, just like BMW is a car.

mrgrumpy1
Thanks A Man, I got a kick outa that! Cheers!

A Man and His Music
I was laughing as I was writing it.

Someone representing the best DJ software in our world should not have an ignorant laugh at the expense of a customer.

Hence this guy is not going to be pleased with further comments from AMAHM.

Yes agreed all i did was ask a question if AMAHM wants to be a moderator he should act in a more professional manner I paid for my gear and software just like the rest of us legit Djs I'm seeing it kinda like some one being an adult but not being completely grown up i always try to act in a professional manner when it comes to my home business i was just curious on what exact hardware other Djs were using so maybe next time before you feel like someones post is a joke ask yourself why you became a moderator in the 1st place was it so you could abuse the power you were given and poke fun at other peoples expense or was it to actually help answer peoples questions and as far as my post about bringing Virtual Dj to Linux I personally think it would be an excellent idea as Linux machines run way smoother than any OS X or Windows OS not that i have any major issues running Virtual DJ v.7 or v.8 but a Linux Port would be nice as I use Linux everyday as my main operating system don't hate on people for something you don't understand GNU is OG compared to all the rest

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 9:33 am
PachN wrote :
The only person that sounds arrogant is you, if you ask me.
If you are really such a hardware pro, you already should know what the best parts are on the market.

Here is a list of recommended Hardware for VDJ.
Everything else that is exceeding it is just fine.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Minimum%20system%20requirements.html

WOW really your also a moderator and posting in forums like this Virtual DJ is by far in my opinion the best DJ software in the world but their forums have a lot to be said for their customer service is very excellent but as far as being able to ask a question and get a good straight answer is damn near impossible

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 9:40 am
77%