Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video DJ making the transition from 7 to 8..questions - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PachN, wasn't often freezes and crashes associated with Telly Media or visuals ?

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 4:12 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It is of course possible that a third party plugin is the reason for a freeze.
But I wouldn't go so far and name a specific one. I had a freeze and a crash happening with Milkdrop for example.
Another freeze occured while just prelistening some tracks. No effects active, no controller or external audio or hdd connected.
Just mouse and keyboard.

A freeze could also be caused by a faulty driver. Or other software running in the background.
The possibilities are nearly infinite.

Another example:
Version 7 or 6, I don't remember exactly, sometimes had problems with some wireless card drivers or with Bluetooth Logitech mouse or a webcam driver...

It's really hard to tell what causes the freeze.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 4:29 am
Of course I don't want to point out a special plugin. I don't have that knowledge and experience of those plugins anyway.
Just a "feeling" ...
Of course, running Video loads the system more and adds more uncertainities and even more possibilities to crash.
I'm glad I have a backup system.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 6:01 am
PachN wrote :
It is of course possible that a third party plugin is the reason for a freeze.
But I wouldn't go so far and name a specific one. I had a freeze and a crash happening with Milkdrop for example.
Another freeze occured while just prelistening some tracks. No effects active, no controller or external audio or hdd connected.
Just mouse and keyboard.

A freeze could also be caused by a faulty driver. Or other software running in the background.
The possibilities are nearly infinite.

Another example:
Version 7 or 6, I don't remember exactly, sometimes had problems with some wireless card drivers or with Bluetooth Logitech mouse or a webcam driver...

It's really hard to tell what causes the freeze.

I am having some issues with my video card these days, sometimes the video output is not working , this is somthing i need to take care of, however VDJ7 does not crash (at worst it just does not output any video, and on this particular day the video was working fine) so i doubt that this issue is what caused vdj8 to crash.
I did a 2 hour set after that on VDJ 7 and it ran fine.

but i should mention it anyways just in case.

personally i suspect that this was an issue with plugins

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 7:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)