Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Do not hear microphone on headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've probably been away for too long but can't get this to work for whatever reason.. probably overlooking a simple thing here..

I have my TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 set up using ASIO with mains out and separate headphones out. Music comes through headphones fine depending on the mix setting for program or cue. I do not hear the Microphone at all on headphones, just on the main speakers.

Again, probably some daft setting or button I need to press.. I guess I'm getting too old for this sh*t :D

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 8:46 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You should hear Microphone though Headphones if all the following are true ..
- CUE/MIX knob is at MIX (so you hear Master Output though Headphones)
- MIC input can be totally controlled with the MIC ON and MIC Volume knob of the MASTER panel of the default skin
- MIC is part of the Audio configuration

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 8:57 am

Check, double checked and checked again, same routing in my DAW software works just fine. I'm just not getting any mic signal in the headphones. If I set the headphone out to copy main out on the interface control panel it works, but I loose cue and headphones volume is relative main volume then.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 15 @ 11:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Everything seems to be normal.
the only thing that worries me is the fact that the Mic Input is a Mono one, even though this shouldnt matter.
Can you check if the SplitHeadhones setting is set to No (needs to be)
When Mic is used, do you hear a "stereo" output on both speakers ? Any chance Headphones connected with a Mono Jack ?

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 7:41 am
No, headphones are fine, system is fine. As mentioned this works find in my DAW or in SAM broadcaster, although with horrible latency as SAM does not support ASIO. The mic input is mapped by VDJ to both left and right. I also checked when mapped to one side, just to be sure there's no phase cancellation..

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 7:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The issue has been found and should be resolved in the next update.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 2:37 am
Cool! Can i test? please ? ;)

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 6:42 am
Yes, can confirm that this was fixed in the update I got today.. good stuff..

Posted Sat 11 Jul 15 @ 6:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)