Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Apple music - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Dan where did you get that?

Hm..I now have a new 18 month contract.
We badly need a new thread to advise people.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:35 am
Advise people of what.?

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:37 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Advise people of what.?

Haven't you realized, bigron1 is out to convert the whole world to his ways. Nothing else is acceptable, if doesn't make sense to him it must be BS.
He's out to exterminate the world of lossy mp3s, pot-heads and poor internet connections. ;)

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:44 am
The Russians work very well for me and have done for some time now ...... far more reliable at finding an obscure track than any other paid service. (I obviously download the track from a legitimate site afterwards of course)

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:47 am
It's too late for me, I have a new 18 month contract, but others in the UK might be able to get unlimited data for £15.
Where?

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:48 am
LOL
kradcliffe I recently tried to find an obscure song which was in CU..but the Russians failed.
I think it was a song by Raymond Froggatt, or something.
I was quite impressed.

I still want to know how Dan got his excellent deal.
He hinted at this last week, I had a quick look around the Internet but never saw anything?
On top of that I thought it would cost a small fortune.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 10:01 am
I bet Dan will have the old Three UK unlimited tariff "the one plan" that was pulled last year. Only people who had it at the time could keep it going .......

I get unlimited texts, calls and 4gb data with tethering for £15 a month from Three but that includes a loyalty discount.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 10:20 am

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 10:23 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I had started typing a long response about services and devices and then remembered the topic was Apple Music.

I think I have enough music services right now and have free ones available. I don't need to dive into another one. And I really don't see it being intigrated into VDJ due to licensing.

A better place to talk cell devices, plans, and content unlimited may be this thread:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/201587/General_Discussion/Content_Unlimited.html
or
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/201201/General_Discussion/_OFFICIAL__ContentUnlimited_Audio__SOLVED__download_v7_4_6_or_v8_0_2338_.html

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 11:01 am
iTunes sucks............that is all, carry on 👍

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 11:05 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
iTunes sucks............that is all, carry on 👍

Exactly!

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 12:33 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I bet Dan will have the old Three UK unlimited tariff "the one plan" that was pulled last year. Only people who had it at the time could keep it going .......

Indeed I do.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 2:14 pm
JujuMotHome userMember since 2016
Hey guys, I have a solution to this, so what you have to do is lookup online (SongName) lyrics on youtube, copy that link then lookup youtube to mp3. Then paste the link there, when it is done processing, then download it and make a folder on your desktop and put that download there. Then go to Virtual DJ and go to desktop, then it should show up there. Hope this works for you guys.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Posted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 2:06 am
I think the song sound quality might leave a little to be desired.
It might sort of be ok as an emergency fix.

Posted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 3:00 am
Ripping stuff from YouTube is also illegal...

Posted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 6:33 pm
mc224PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Check out Macsome iTunes Converter... it solved the problem for me.

Posted Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 5:55 am
@JujuMot
Haha. Thx

Posted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 9:40 pm
jakovski wrote :
Apple used a protected file format for it's songs so they will play only in iTunes. That's it. No trick to change that.

Greets, Heiko

There's a program for Mac called Audio Hijack which will allow you to play any audio source on your computer and save it as a recording within Audio Hijack. Then you can use WavePad and/or Audacity to edit the Audio Hijack file and save it as a new MP3 file on your hard drive. Then you can load this file into VJ like any other MP3 file.

Posted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 1:06 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Old School 61 wrote :
jakovski wrote :
Apple used a protected file format for it's songs so they will play only in iTunes. That's it. No trick to change that.

Greets, Heiko

There's a program for Mac called Audio Hijack which will allow you to play any audio source on your computer and save it as a recording within Audio Hijack. Then you can use WavePad and/or Audacity to edit the Audio Hijack file and save it as a new MP3 file on your hard drive. Then you can load this file into VJ like any other MP3 file.

This actually hasn't been an issue for years. All Apple Music purchased now is DRM free. Previous purchases can be re-downloaded from the original purchasing account in a DRM free format.

Posted Mon 25 Apr 16 @ 4:04 am
... and it does not what I want. If I want a song, I'll buy it in Itunes, or on vinyl.
But it would be fun to test a lot of songs at home, to prepare a setlist.

Posted Mon 25 Apr 16 @ 6:46 am
74%