Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixing with headphones only - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sound options and controller mappings are two different things. You should also select the Numark controller, in the mapper options, and save any changes that you make there. Are you allowed to use a controller with a home version?

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 8:10 pm
Alright, so here's what's going on thus far: I removed the mappers from the Mappers folder, but the mappings seem to be the same. However, I changed the sound settings to None / Headphones (Master Left, Headphones Right)

But when I select Numark on the Sound Card part, there's absolutely no sound. There's only sound if I use "mono separated" or "two cards" (one for High Definition Audio Device, one for Numark Pro II, regardless of the order). Basically, if I set it as seen here http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MixTrack%20Pro.html nothing happens (controller is plugged in and working, and I'm using headphones only, which are obviously also plugged in).

For some reason, even after removing the mappers, I have the same problem with the knobs: CUE MIX knob does nothing, but the CUE GAIN knob affects the CUE knob on VDJ (although I've been recording a few clips and it's as though I never use them to begin with, audio plays as though I didn't touch the knob at all, regardless of the CUE button being on for that deck).

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:31 pm
Alright, so now that I've got VDJ 8 installed, I need some help from the top.

What I have: VDJ 8, Mixtrack Pro, desktop computer.

What I want to do: since I live with other people, I want to be able to mix entirely using my headphones, not only as my main sound system but also to pre-listen.

My questions: how should the sound settings be for this to work, and what keyboard/controller shortcuts should I have?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 8:54 pm
I guess bump.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 16 @ 8:29 pm
Answers were provided on the first page of this thread.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 16 @ 9:48 pm
What I don't understand is that although I'm using PFL correctly (lighting up only Deck A or Deck B), using the cue mix and cue gain knobs does absolutely nothing. I don't have any speakers connected to the controller, just the USB port connecting it to the computer. Obviously, when I connect my headphones to my sound system, all of the sound comes from the headphones.

I even recorded a few seconds of a track while experimenting with both knobs, but regardless of any knob being at its minimum or maximum, the other track is loud and clear 100% of the time.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 5:38 pm
I'd also like to point out that there's no sound system connected to my MTP. I'm using a desktop, so the sound system is connected to the computer. The only thing the controller is connected to is a USB port.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 7:16 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Your computer is a single channel sound card, you need to set this up such that the device is the default sound.
Otherwise you are not going to have a monitor channel hearing only the main.

Read your user guide, it will answer many questions before they become problems.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 3:18 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thelema wrote :
I'd also like to point out that there's no sound system connected to my MTP. I'm using a desktop, so the sound system is connected to the computer. The only thing the controller is connected to is a USB port.

The guides are set up to use the Mixtrack Pro's sound card for both master out and monitoring/PFL.
The cue/master and cue/gain knobs will only effect the MTP headphone jack. The gain will set the volume of the headphones and the cue/master will allow a mix between the channel one stereo output of the MTP and the PFL in the headphones. The headphone jack also has the exact same output on the channel two RCA jacks.

I recommend using the MTP's sound card. It is a pretty good quality and is usually better then an internal card of a PC.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 4:57 pm
I just realized that I should have plugged my headphones into the MTP all along, instead of the speakers' volume/power box thingy. Idiot move, I hadn't even considered this at all. I've now experimented and the cue/pfl is working as it should!

I have one other question regarding the EchoDoppler effect. I used this one a lot in VDJ7, but in VDJ8 the layout is different and I can't use all the parameters as freely as I did before. In VDJ7, I'd use one parameter to change dry/wet, the second one to change the amount of delay, and the third parameter to change the long the effect would last. This allowed me to create build-ups that increased the intensity of the upcoming section of a track.

Since the layout is different, what's the best way to achieve this without losing too much time opening the effect's settings and doing all of this with my mouse?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)