Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Renaming ID3 tags (not sure what to do).......... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The link was not for Small Tagger ;)

Anyways, try this too..
Select a few files and right click..Open Tag Editor.. The fields will probably have "multiple values". Then click on Write button. Close VDJ and see if the Tags are updated. If this works , then instead of selecting a few files, type a * in the Search field (this will bring all the files of the database in the Songs list. , select one, CTRL+A to select all, right click , Tag Editor, Write .

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 2:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
And wait...

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 3:03 pm
Awesome!! Thanks Bob, everything seems to be working 👍

I've tried a couple of folders and everything is showing up in all other programs 🙏

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 5:51 pm
Ok so I'm pretty sure I get this figured out now and I'm happy

But

It doesn't look like VDJ will write back the "key" info (A#,B, etc, etc)??

Am I missing something here??

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 10:02 am
Not sure, will check.
But Key and BPM would be the least i should worry about, since both of them will probably re-calculated whatever application you use with yoru tracks (including VirtualDJ) when the tracks are loaded/scanned.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 3:49 pm
Well that would be a valid point except that Serato doesn't give the keys to tracks like VDJ and Traktor do and I don't use Traktor at all sooooooo how do I get the keys from VDJ to write back to my tags, lol!

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 6:06 pm
just did a batch Write Tags and Keys ID3Tags were updated.
What kind of filestypes do you have ? Have you chacked if only soem specific were not updated ?

EDIt. If you are trying to see the updated ID3Tags in Serato, i think you need to "Rescan Tags", but if you open the files with a Tag Editor app e.g. Tag & Rename (in Windows), you ll probably notice that the tags are there.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 8:11 pm

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 12:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)