Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Renaming ID3 tags (not sure what to do).......... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok so 1 of my pools that I get videos from writes the file name like this

"(101) Dizzey Rascal - Fix Up (Intro)"

So VDJ sees as

Artist-(101) Title-Dizzey Rascal - Fix Up (Intro)

So under artist I have a ton of video that have a bpm value because of the way they write the file name. Now I know I can go into the tag editor and change each one manually but that'll take FOREVER!!

So is there a program out there that I can use to delete the "(101)"??

I wanna finally get this sorted out so any help is most appreciated! And I'll use either a Mac or PC to get the job done.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 7:49 am
have you tried Tag&Rename, I think it could do it.
regards
ray

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 8:04 am

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 8:48 am

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 9:47 am
Ok cool, Thanks fellas, I'll check them all out tonight when I get home and I'm sure I'll need some guidance along the way, lol!!

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 10:42 am
Are there any videos on how to use any of these programs??

I haven't looked in all honesty since I'm on my phone but if there is could I get some links?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 2:27 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Are there any videos on how to use any of these programs??

I haven't looked in all honesty since I'm on my phone but if there is could I get some links?

Google is everyone's friend, so are youtube tutorials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEaHJJgPb4Y

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:12 pm
Haha, Thanks bro!! 🙏

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:45 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Haha, Thanks bro!! 🙏

Be aware that once you've renamed your tracks/videos you'll have to rescan them as VDJ won't recognise the changes and assume these are new tracks you've imported and you'll lose any cue points or times played etc unless you do the relocate file thing

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 4:11 pm
Well I tried them and the FineBytes was the easiest to use but some of my tracks are showing up in VDJ without the artist in the artist column.

So in VDJ they look like this

Title: Drake ft. Lil Wayne - HYFR
Artist: Blank
Remix: Intro Dirty

So I've gotten rid of the bpm value showing up in the titles now I need the artist name in the artist column.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please???

Heres a picture of what it looks like.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 9:21 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

So VDJ sees as

So under artist I have a ton of video that have a bpm value because of the way they write the file name. Now I know I can go into the tag editor and change each one manually but that'll take FOREVER!!

So is there a program out there that I can use to delete the "(101)"??

I wanna finally get this sorted out so any help is most appreciated! And I'll use either a Mac or PC to get the job done.

i see many suggestions & this is the one i use just for what your asking = http://renamemaestro.en.softonic.com/

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 4:10 am
Yeah Thanks but I've already got them all edited now I just need to go back and clean up some tags which I'll have to do 1 by 1 but the bulk is fixed and showing properly now.

This sucks but it'll make for a much cleaner libaray and things will be easier to find. So for you up n comers, make sure you tag your stuff properly from the jump!! Lol!

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 7:07 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
beatbreaker1 wrote :

So VDJ sees as

After you manipulate the file name (outside V8), you want to highlight all the tracks inside vdj open the tag editor and click the dot next to the Artist & Title fields, that will populate the Artist & Title tags in bulk.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 4:25 pm
Ok just finished up my entire library!! All tags are fixed and my tracks are showing up as they should, HELL YEAH!!

So Thanks again fellas, y'all have been a great help! Now I just need to keep up on it and everything will be golden...............

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 9:38 pm
What does your column mean with "intro clean ... intro super clean" ?

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 4:41 am
@MrJackson,

VDJ will put whatever is in "( )" at the end of your title in the remix section.

So for example if your track looks like this,

"Digital Underground - Humpty Dance (T.S.I. Remix)"

VDJ will put "(T.S.I. Remix)" under the remix column. Hope that makes sense...

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 9:18 am
Ok now that the hard part is done, how do I force VDJ to write all I it's info back to the ID3 tag??

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 7:53 am
Sooooo is there any way to write the info from VDJ back to the ID3 tag or maybe a tool that I'm not finding somewhere??

Any help from anyone is appreciated 👌

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 2:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not the best workaround, but here is an option..
Use this Tool to convert your ver8 database to version 7... http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80185
Then use this Tool to update Your Tags... http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13371/VDJ_DB_Manager.html

Its common sense to backup yoru databases prior doing that.

PS. There is an option in VirtualDJ 8 called SetTagsAuto (unfortunately it is set to No by default). If you had that to Yes, then all the changes you had made would have been passed to Tags already.

I cant think of an easier way at the moment.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 2:27 pm
Another note, Small Tagger ONLY works on mp3's, will not work for mp4's 👌

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 2:34 pm
71%