Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Looking for a Virtual DJ compatible console that plays between laptop and iPad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Virtual DJ!

I recently purchased the Hercules RMX2 console with Virtual DJ download. I am using the program for just occasional DJing (not professionally), but I do need to be able to play music not just through the VDJ software on my laptop but through my iPad as well (like Spotify). I know the console has additional RCA inputs, but when I plugged in my iPad and switched the source on the console to play the iPad, it doesn't work. I don't know if I have the mapping wrong, or if playing through another source is with the Pro version, but I'm having a really hard time with this. Can you help me out, or if I misunderstood and this console can't do this, please recommend another one that can? I'm basically trying to streamline my hardware and not have to use a console and a mixer... Thank you!

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:47 am
You have VDJ set to use the RMX2 as the audio output, yes?

You have the RMX2 outputs connected to an amp or powered speakers?

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 8:16 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Reloop Beatpad or Pioneer WeGo 2/3

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:02 pm
Hi there,

Yes, that's correct! Still, nothin.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:04 pm

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:20 pm
Thanks for the input! Well it looks like this might not really be what I'm looking for then. I'm looking to use Virtual DJ to cue up music and play it, and a mixer to be able to cross-fade between tracks, with an input for my iPad in case my computer or my Virtual DJ crashes. Any ideas on hardware options?

Also not sure how much this matters but I have Mac Yosemite and currently using the LE versions of VDJ 7 and 8 (although 8 won't recognize my iTunes playlists, grr). Thanks all!

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:27 pm
One of the controllers I ise is Hercules mk4. I can use vdj and aux input at the same time. Settings in the Hercules Dj console are:

Line ins
Headphone
Asio

When set this way I click on vdj aux in and it uses the sound from my line input.

The rmx2 may or may not be different

J

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 6:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your controller is capable of doing that, but LineIns need to be added in the Audio Setup of VirtualDJ in order the AUX Inputs to go though VirtualDJ as LineIns.
Not sure if the VirtualDJ LE7 can do that, but certainly both Pro ver 7 and Pro Infinity ver 8 can do.

Which version/product of VirtualDJ are you currently using ?

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 3:30 am
With Virtual DJ 8 (the lite version), I can only SOMETIMES get the iPad play! Sometimes it plays, other times it doesn't, even when the set-up is exactly the same. Also, downside of Virtual DJ 8 is that it doesn't recognize my playlists in iTunes, just the library - that's probably for a new thread, though!

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 6:20 pm
Gud day! I have my hp slate 21 all in one, i try to download the free virtual dj software but i can’t download it. Is there any compatible for this? Thank you.

Posted Tue 22 May 18 @ 3:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)