Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Mixing 4 Decks with 4 videos in each..Possible?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

im only able to get Decks 1 & 2 to mix.
i want 4 ideally.. not at the same time ( although that would nice )
but at least to be able to select 2 of the 4 to mix ..and be able to jump around.

doable?? thanks!

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 7:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, completely do-able.

It's even possible to use more than 2 decks video output at once.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 7:53 pm
rnbdjkbPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Please share..How?

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 2:28 pm
Well with the using 2 and jumping around is done by left/right deck selection (or overriden by left/right video).

Since the display of multiple videos is done during a transition, it requires a multi-deck transition, which is supported by the SDK of v8. As yet none have actually been released - the actual practical applications seem rather limited to me.

Posted Tue 03 Mar 15 @ 2:32 pm
Sounds like a 'no' to me Scott.
I've tried but that has been during the pre-release of 8. I have never been so frustrated in my life and gave up on 8 completely.
I'd be willing to give it a chance though if 4 deck video mixing where indeed possible.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 1:17 am
4 deck video mixing is possible. What exactly is the hang up?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 9:04 am
I'm on VDJ 7 right now so I have not tried to do this since the release of vdj 8.
Mixing VIDEO on all 4 decks and having control over what video was on the main output when needed.
As I remember, controlling that was a bit of a task when I tried it. The reason I even read this post was out of curiosity as to whether the issue had been resolved.
So...you are saying now that it can be done?

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 9:43 am
I know this thread is getting stale, but I wondered if anyone has come up with a way to select which of the 4 videos (or mash of the 4) you'd see?

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 5:45 am
Yes, I released some multi-deck transitions that allow you to use as many video decks as you like.

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80282
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80296

When using them you can ignore the video crossfader as that only works for 2 decks. These transitions use the volume level to determine what should be displayed.

If you only want to display/mix 2 decks, then you can use normal transitions and set the left/right video decks to be any deck you like. You can also use the script command over_video to override the video output with that of any deck.

So in short, you can mix video from any 2 decks available with normal transitions, or you can mix videos from more than 2 decks with specially designed ones :)

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 7:36 am
Much appreciated!

Posted Thu 08 Sep 16 @ 1:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)