Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Introducing the MP2015 Rotary Mixer - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 10:34 pm
Yes, I am also in love. :-)

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 3:51 am
Bit too "old skool" for me but I can see the hipster appeal here!

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 4:18 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
1+ :-)
same thought

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 5:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nah, it'll be solidly constructed but there was a good reason why rotary dj mixers were dropped, ok for long blends awful for anything else.

And a price tag of US$2199, seems reasonable....

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 5:36 am
Holy cow.... I could get a new wife for that!

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 6:14 am
That is a great mixer.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 6:25 am
I think $2199 is for the TTM57 mkII.

The MP2015 is $3499 (£2333 but will probably be nearer £3000 knowing UK duties etc.).

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 6:42 am
That's a lot of money for a mixer.

Mind you, buy cheap buy dear.....

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 6:58 am
I figure if people are prepared to spend that level of cash on a pair of CDJ-2000s then why not on "the best sounding mixer" that Rane have ever made?

The word "aspirational" comes to mind. :-)

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:16 am
I admire rotary mixers for their sound quality but they are not my thing.........until I seen this one!!
I'd make love to it and have babies with it if I could.
Anybody wants to buy a perfectly good healthy kidney?

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 1:16 am
Definitely not for the hiphop dj..

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 4:54 am
Why not? Hiphop is a genre of music. Music can be played through this mixer.

That's a rhetorical question by the way. :-)

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 7:35 am
Sure it can be used to play hip hop but with the lack of faders it's gonna be kinda hard to crab or flare don't ya think Groovin?? 😳

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 10:15 am
So there's a rule somewhere that states "all hiphop DJs must use scratch techniques when they play" is there? I wasn't aware of that. :-)

I've played hiphop and not scratched, or even used the crossfader. I didn't realise I was supposed to do that. LOL!

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 11:42 am
And that's probably why you weren't asked to play at the Hip-Hop convention 😉

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:26 pm
I am unconventional. :-)

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 12:34 pm
Oh,a Rane Rotary Mixer was fine,but the Price is Very High

Another one nice Rotary Mixer is from the German Manufactur Hi-Level PM 5000
HI-LEVEL PM5000

More information:
http://www.hi-level.de/english.htm

The HI-LEVEL PM5000 is manufactured since 1996 and was the Worlds 1st Rotary Control club mixer with Gain + Triple EQ per channel + crossfader. Followed by companies like Rane, Crest, Numark, Vestax, Ecler, gemini, Pioneer, ... A collectors item of tomorrow!

STOP! NEW PRODUCT IN DEVELOPMENT!

At the Last Birthday Party from a Friend (I was there as Guest) there were a House DJ that use this PM 5000 Mixer with 3x Technics 1210 mkII and he is Very Happy that he buyed this.

Iself look more for the PM 6000,think is a very nice Mixer ,
at the other Side i have a look on a Rodec 180 mkIII Mixer.

All a Very Nice Mixers for me,
but must buy in Future first a Dynacord M1 for my DJ Old School Collection and 2x Technics 1210 mkII

Greatings,Dirk

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 3:58 pm
Rane MP2015 Mixer Review

I have had this mixer for five days now, and the new Rane MP2015 is an awesome mixer. The build quality is second to none. If you are looking for the highest sound quality this is it. I am happy that I did not buy the Alpha Recording ARS-4100 Rotary Mixer and external isolator. Virtual DJ8 Pro does not support this mixer as a sound card. However it may try and custom map it. I have not tried since I am using CDJ-350 as my controllers / decks.

What impresses me about the Rane MP2015 is it's ease of use and full control of your audio sound. I have audiophile gear and this mixer puts out lots of clean clear sound. It is the only preamp dj mixer that has ever made the green status LED on my Bryston 3BST power amplifier turn orange or red. Lots and lots of output power at 65% main output. Everything is crystal clear and NO / ZERO distortion.

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 7:28 pm
Not for me. I would miss the faders
And since I would be sending the output to active PA speakers with digital amps, I'm pretty sure the extra fine sound quality would be wasted on my setup :)
/Klaus

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 3:30 am
87%