Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Skins - Wishes and new features - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If I'm searching in a Folder the files inside this folder will be listed first, and then the rest of my database...
The BORDER of this two "lists" is only an empty line...
Could you add an option to give a color to this line or something like a thickness?
Maybe in the <browser/>-Element of the skin...?

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 1:29 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 3:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry but the posts in pages 19 and 20 are not clear on what you are after.
Could you provide an example where the clickthrough would be useful to objects like sliders etc ?

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 6:54 pm
The example is the cue sliders to get cue numbers on songpos. In fact just any slider used to monitor something..........

Posted Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 9:56 pm
It would be so great if anyone can adapt the skin to his wishes/needs: Visually with building blocks and/or simply shifting (changing size) a box/element like you can with library, side list etc.
I am using the smallest MacBook Air and could use more space for finding songs and don't use effects/hot cue/loop (because i play a lot of retro/vintage music).
I searched for two days on this subject and it seems only for programmers with advanced knowledge to do a seemingly simple thing like this. Please advice.
Thanks.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 4:27 am
Take a look at the "Skin Builder" skin for VDJ 8 by djdad.

It works just as you say - with each element of the decks, mixer, browser etc. available separately and able to move around and resize.

Once you have a design/layout to suit your needs, you can contact djdad for the next step.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 5:22 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Guys:

I'm hoping this isn't a duplicate post.

I'd love to see in a future release, an option to have the 12/24 hr clock stay fixed to the user's preference. As it is right now, the clock always reverts to the 24hr clock on reopening. I always change the clock to the 12/hr format and it would nice to have one less thing to tinker with when opening up the program.

Thanks you.

DJ Prof Lee

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 3:55 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You could edit the skin to get what you want.
Just unpack your Skin, open the skin.xml you want to edit (e.g 2 Decks.xml)

Search for that part of the code:

<textzone>
<pos x="+1" y="+1"/>
<size width="56" height="22"/>
<tooltip>CLOCK\n Click to toggle between 24hour clock and am/pm</tooltip>
<text size="14" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" format="%fullhour"/>
<text2 size="14" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" format="%hour12"/>
<text3 size="14" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" format="%counter"/>
</textzone>

and delete this two lines
<text size="14" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" format="%fullhour"/>

<text3 size="14" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" format="%counter"/>

Should now look like this:

<textzone>
<pos x="+1" y="+1"/>
<size width="56" height="22"/>
<tooltip>CLOCK\n Click to toggle between 24hour clock and am/pm</tooltip>
<text2 size="14" color="#aaaaaa" align="center" format="%hour12"/>
</textzone>

Save and zip all files again.

@Other btw:

What is the counter for? I can start it, but can not stop it.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 4:14 pm
The time will remain its state upon skin change / restart, at least in my skin in 0.7.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 6:30 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hmmm. Okay, Thanks for the responses.

I haven't done any skin editing yet so maybe now is the perfect excuse to give it a shot.

Fruit- Thanks for the heads up on your skin. I'll check it out.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 5:34 pm
K0mixPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Text For Markers in Song-Position

Is it possible to add text next to visible POIs in the song display? In particular, I'd like to be able to see the number of each hotcue.

It shows up if you mouse-over a cue, but I'm using a controller so don't want to be grabbing for the mouse all the time. The text is also shown in the waveform display, but again that involves the mouse to zoom in and out to see all the track; I prefer to keep the waveform at a constant zoom in any case.

(No coding experience but willing to give it a bash)

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 6:41 pm
You want cue point numbers to show in the songpos wave (the full length one on the decks)?

What skin are you using? Some skins have this as standard.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 5:34 am
Ability to add <window> into existing skins as "plugins"

Currently the only way to add a separate popup window to a skin is to modify the XML and add <window> code with all the other required code for whatever is in that window.

The graphics file for the window is a separate file (with all the required graphics).

As the graphics are already separate, why not have a separate XML file too, which can be bundled with the PNG, zipped up and made available in the downloads for anyone to add to any skin without needing to modify any XML?

All they'd need to do is use a custom button/controller/keyboard command to launch it.

So for example, SBDJ has recently posted that the Akai APC Mini will be natively supported. Wouldn't it be nice to have an APC Mini "window skin" that can be downloaded too?

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 8:31 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
+1 a sound proposal, I can foresee some good things with this.

Maybe not strictly as a 'plugin' more a option pointer "Ancillary Windows" to a zipped skin & mapping package.

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 6:01 pm
Mentioned in the regression forum, Worth putting forward

Custom buttons to accept colours, I sometimes use custom buttons as visuals (1/0) If something like this was possible I could have much more information visible

var_equal 1 ? "#123456" : var_equal 2 ? "#444444" : var_equal 3 ? blink "#123456" "#444444" : 0
(this colour idea has opened up some interesting paths)

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 4:53 pm
Hey while we're at it, I wish that it was possible to set colours from a pop up selector (like in the tag editor) rather than have to figure out a hex code.

More things:
It's already possible to use <visual> code to draw colours straight onto skins so you don't necessarily need everything to be bitmapped in a PNG file, but at the moment it can only be used for things with straight edges like squares, oblongs and lines. FRUiT uses it extensively in his skin to draw the background, allowing colour choices.

It would be very useful if it could also handle curves and circles - i.e. jogwheels and knobs. Before long we could have skins that don't need bitmap graphics at all. :-)

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 5:17 pm
Could we have hot cue buttons with different colors ????

for exemple :

HOT CUE 1 = BLUE
HOT CUE 2 = RED
HOT CUE 3 = GREEN
Etc etc ...............

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 4:31 am
Fixed colours, or ones that can be changed?

Fixed colours is easy - just colour the graphics in the skin bitmap. Ones that change should be possible too, by using <visual> code to draw coloured blocks.......but all the colours would need to be specified in advance in the skin XML.

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 12:46 pm
Euh not sure i can do this :-S

Posted Wed 25 Mar 15 @ 2:12 pm
How about a return indicator for slip, a second play head on the pos wave, and/or the beat counter to show the beat of the slip return.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 1:06 pm
16%