Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: RANE SL4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does VDJ SUPPORT RANE SL4 ????

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 2:40 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 3:38 pm
I believe it does,,my sl3 works with no problem 👍

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 3:40 pm
I'm trying to set it up but it doesnt work :-S, i can't calibrate timecode 2

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 3:43 pm
Post up a screenshot of your timecode window.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 6:57 pm

I do not understand why the timecode 1 is ok but in Record: Mixvibes while it is a CD serato

and why it does not detect the timecode 2

I think I made ​​the connection correctly by following the guide VDJ page 99

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 3:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
hmm , shouldnt the Channel Thru be Off ? Can you also try with the other Input Channels as well ?

Btw, since we have you here, can you provide us the vid & pid values of the Rane SL4 ? You will find it in Applications->Utilities->System Information ->Hardware folder->USB sub-folder->Click on the Rane SL4 on the right side and post a screenshot if not sure which values we need.

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 4:57 am
Ok i have turn off all the THRU channel , and use this config :

but still got only one deck recognize :-/

i think is that you ask me dad :

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 6:49 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The diagram shows that you should use Outputs 3,4 and 5,6 and Inputs 3,4 and 5,6 as well, so you probably need to use those in the Audio config.

PS. I have just pushed an update which includes a pre-define audio configuration for the Rane SL4 (available in builds ending at .862 or higher). It should provide a button in the Audio Config with decks 1,2 to Outputs 3,4/5,6 and timecodes to Inputs 3,4/5,6, according to the recommended connection diagram.

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 6:58 am
Also make sure you've set the dip switches on the soundcard correctly for CD/Phono for each channel.

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 3:35 pm
Thx for all your good advice , after setting like this

the two timecode work well . You update will be welcome Dad, i waiting for it :-)

What do you think about this way to use the SL4, i have a djm 750 with cdj 2000 Nexus :

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 7:23 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is there a reason you don't want to use the CDJ's as controllers and sound cards and get rid of the Rane box?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against timecode. I use it with two of my CDjJ000's. But my CDJ400 I use as a controller.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 2:03 pm
I find that with the RANE SL4 sound quality is really better . I tested different configurations and there is a big difference .

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 3:43 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If you prefer the sound on the Rane, have you tried using the CDJ's as a controller and the Rane output?

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 9:06 pm
Yes i have. And with the rane (with timecode) the sound is really better. I scratch a little bit and when you scratch or doing a backspin you heard the difference.
I know it must be silly using cdj 2000 nexus and don't use it at 100% of its capacity ( as controler) but with this config i think i will be able to mix everywhere on every controler ( just need the rane) .
I have notice that video transition is better too in timecode don't ask me why :-)

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 2:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)