Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can I pay someone to help me on the phone with sound effects PLEASE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kazim63PRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello :)

Using Macbook Air, Virtual DJ 7.4
Have no prob downloading new effects. Then, I know how to place them in the folder (there are no virtual dj files in my "Library" only documents).

However they do NOT show up in the software itself when I open it :(

Can I PLEASE pay someone to assist? I have watched a dozen videos and attempted those fixes... I have read 1761869 forum messages.

Please contact me :) I am more than happy to hire the right person :)

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 10:56 pm
Please see the following FAQ page on how to install effects and other plugins: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Install%20Plugins.html

The location of the VirtualDJ folder may be in either Documents or Library depending on whether you have used earlier versions of the software or not (This is explained in more detail on the above FAQ pages.)

Please also ensure that the effects you download are Mac compatible (Floppy disk with Apple logo) - PC effects (Windows logo) will not work on a Mac. New effects designed for VirtualDJ v8 will also not work in VirtualDJ v7.

If you are still having problems, please contact support for direct assistance: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 4:16 am
Thank you.

I have done that, (what you listed), discovered and moved all pluggins to the correct folder AND opened a support ticket.

No response as of yet.

So, if someone sees this, that's willing to jump on the phone with me, I'll gladly shoot you over a paypal : /

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:06 pm
I've moved the bundle files downloaded here on the VirtualDJ site into the correct folder, in documents with other effects.

When I launch Virtual DJ, the new one's do not show up as options :(

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 9:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you don't see the plugins in the software then you can't have installed them correctly.

They need to be v7 plugins, unzipped into the VirtualDJ\Plugins subfolder for the relevant effect type, so a sound effect would go in SoundEffect.

You can verify you are using the correct VirtualDJ folder by looking at the tracklisting folder and seeing if it is up to date.

If you are unable to get this working then I would recommend you use one of our live support options, such as the chat system.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 8:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)