Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Marco_record Macro_play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've tried using these scripts with partial but limited success, (using a keyboard only it's not that much of a surprise)

What's the scope of this function, and what's the method

Is it press 'marco_record' (and this will run for a set amount of time)
or is it 1 press to record & 2nd press to stop recording?

I've tried all sorts but it seems I can get one macro recorded per session,
As you can tell I'm stumbling in the dark with this one, has anyone any ideas.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:27 am
Well I've had a bit more success with macros "cheese" & "toast" I had cheese as a fast fader and toast as a slow one, I've also broke VDJ with it continually calling the variable window, and I had it persistently doing a pause play effect on a deck, So I'm thinking that persistent scripts will be possible, but I'm really just beginning to get this

Is there any way to save macros or are they entirely per-session

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 8:00 am
Hmmm confusing progress

I've been playing with Cheese and toast macro_record , from what I can tell if you record a macro and let it play to the end it sets up to record a new macro,
So I tried being inquisitive
I had 4 custom gui buttons
1 macro_record "cheese"
2 macro_record "toast"
3 is a duel purpose button it is, macro_play "cheese" but it also set to script 'nothing'
4 again is dual purpose macro_play "toast" and again nothing

I press 1 to start recording a macro "cheese" wait a second and also press hotcue 1, I then press button 4 with at this time is set to nothing, I then press button 3 which is also set to nothing (this will stop the macro playing to the end thus preserving it), I then press 1 again to stop the recording

I do the same again but with 2, hotcue 2, 3 (still set to nothing) 4 (as is this) and 2 again to stop the macro

Now I change the gui button 3 and 4 to the play macros, I press either play macro button and it continually jumps hotcue 1 to 2.

This example is pretty useless and I have no good ideas how to use this yet but damn intriguing.

Can technical offer any clarity please or do I have a special edition of VDJ?

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 2:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The macro functionality is not exactly completed, so at the moment it may not be working as expected.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 10:42 pm
Thanks for the reply, I understand the radio silence about this function, I'll guess it is a remnant from the timeline idea
I have a few ideas (that I wrote but my browser went back a page by accident damn it!)

Here they are in brief
A macro editor gui like Reason's sequencer window, drawing lines and what have you
Macros to be exportable so they can be shared
Macros to be beat based in timing (this will be a pig to figure with the ramp to 0 pitch function)
Script to not action actions when recording macros (similar to sandboxing) ie macro_record_no_action, so you can record macros that trigger other macros without the button switching I mentioned
This one is more a script wish but if I have your attention.
Allow variables to have simple maths applied to them and allow variable to be used in place of numbers i.e.
set "varPitch' "`pitch" & Math_* 0.5 "varPitch" & pitch "`varPitch"

And if you could get all this done by this tuesday :-)

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 6:48 am
locodog wrote :

And if you could get all this done by this tuesday :-)

lol :-D

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 7:33 am
Excellent, infinite scripts are possible, I've got the method pretty tight, at about 16Hz (and I have ideas to get it tighter), the only good sound thing I've managed is a continual play_pause that once you bang some reverb on it sounds like a playing slow stutter (and I don't think this action is possible with the repeat script, not on play pause anyway.) A dump script also sounded pretty good like playing beats in reverse but the song moving forward, I haven't had that much time on it
I've had it continually asking a question and performing an effect on and off once the question is true.
I've had it continually cycling a variable up to 1024, which I'm sure could be used for sweep filters

I'm only just beginning to see the possibilities, and my brain is jellified.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 12:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)