Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video - Wishes and new features - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Lets use this thread to post any wishes and features requests for the next major update

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:22 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys, not sure if it should be in this section or not but will also post this in the sampler thread, how about a section for effects for our new found video bank, I don't mean transitions either, good old fx's making those videos dance on screen. Thanks

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:33 am
Hey Guys, I'd like to see a feature very similar to Clipbank where the feature/plug-in is smart enough to 'transition' from one video to the next one. In Ver 7.4 I was using Clipbank, where it automatically kicked in when I played an audio file (I predominately play music vids). I use short videos (5-10 mins) of extreme sports and looney tune cartoons. It would be great if the videos could run in a similar fashion to a photo slideshow and play a new one when the previous one finished. Clipbank Random was as close as I could get to this, but as you know it was based solely on a transition timer. Thanks, Mick

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:24 am
I'd like to see the ability to have video transitions synced to the beatgrid for perfect transitions between tracks. I posted about it not too long ago in the General Forum, and someone (DJDad I think?) said he had a plug in that was never released. If the option was there by default or through a setting, then a plug in wouldnt be needed.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 7:23 am
Hey guys.. is it possible you could add a feature to change the display that could effect whatever skin your using to change for daylight ????

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 2:27 am
tayla wrote :
Hey guys, not sure if it should be in this section or not but will also post this in the sampler thread, how about a section for effects for our new found video bank, I don't mean transitions either, good old fx's making those videos dance on screen. Thanks

Exactly .. 😊. I second that. Please

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 2:29 am
paulettecerra wrote :
Hey guys.. is it possible you could add a feature to change the display that could effect whatever skin your using to change for daylight ????

3rd this

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 12:19 pm
PiobeePRO InfinityMember since 2005
-- 1. This one, to my opinion, should have been obvious to VDJ 8 developers as it is already featured in VDJ7.4.1, (thought I understand the tremendous task of what programming requires) but since my graphics card is able to output 3 different displays at once, I this it would be great if I could still choose which of the displays would show the videos I m playing during my gig...

-- 2. Also, something I wish for ever since VDJ in capable of playing videos...

That would be neat if I could assign different video outputs to different decks allowing me to have an external dedicated video mixer as well. Where as DJ do MUSIC, a designated VJ would properly mix and blend VIDS right beside instead of relying only on software

Practicality: not limited to the video sources of the videoclips.. On many occasions where we had "Live feed" from TV cams, We needed to display on our clubs' screens ... I wished I was not limited to a single ouput from my computer so I could feed my TVs with either my videos, the live TV feed from any camera, Bar's animated logo, ongoing promotions (eg 15minutes blitz), etc... And by having a designated machine to do so, I wouldn<t have to care about having all the resources of my DJ PC eaten up because it tries to run so much things at once...

-- 3. Spannable VDJ

I don't know if this classifies in the "Video" category, but, anyways, I'm posting it...

I sometimes feel I'm sooo limited by the sole size of my screen to get all the (great) features I want and that are available in VDJ, that if I have to choose between having a great skin with everything clearly displayed but only 2 decks or having 4 decks (ideal to me) with may features on the skin missing... I'm banging my head on the the wall...

One solution (the one I'm currently stuck with) would be to run to instances of VDJ at once on two different PCs but it is extra pain when it comes to control them... two keyboards two mice... too much! I could also run two instances of VDJ on one PC displaying them on two different screens, but that proven unstable with the material I use, plus in both previous solutions, the two instances running don't sync so easily despite good configuration..

SO, I propose a Spannable VDJ option where we would be able to chose (even customize) what features come on the 2nd screen (for example additionnals full featured decks, and/or video mixer -always displayed- provided that the computer has a 3rd video output like mine, sound effects/sampler "Pads", search engine displayed on 2nd screen, you get it... ). In short, not to be limited by the only selectables present on the main screen and being able to chose ourselves what to always keep on display and where to place it would be a truly neat feature on VJD 8.x.x

n idea is also that skins could come as packs... open it up, and place features -decks, mixers, search engine, SFX, samplers- the way you want them, or just take the default disposition... Furthermore, if one could get parts from multiple skin "packs" he likes and make himself one "kit" of his own...

Enough for today, tell me what you think... I hope you will not get too much headaches out of this, but the last one surely would be a winner to me

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Piobee wrote :
-- 1. This one, to my opinion, should have been obvious to VDJ 8 developers as it is already featured in VDJ7.4.1, (thought I understand the tremendous task of what programming requires) but since my graphics card is able to output 3 different displays at once, I this it would be great if I could still choose which of the displays would show the videos I m playing during my gig...

I believe you need the action video_output . Map it to a custom button. It will offer you a menu to choose the Output for the Video.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 1:26 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. Read serato cue points (I know you guys were looking into this at recently)

2. I want to be able to write my downloaded covers to ID3 tags in batch. Example you already have Batch -> Download covers - I would like something like Batch -> Download covers + Write Tags.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 8:48 am
i use vdj with my sx and i love it, i have v8 installed but i am stuck using 7.4 because of one feature!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back drap and drop to the video window on non video files, its the quickest and easiest way of adding an effect/logo or loop video to a track on the fly. i cannot understand WHY this feature has been removed from the new version in the first place????????

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 3:32 pm
cleio81PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I would very much like to see the "Text" effect added to VDJ 8 like it is in VDJ 7. If it's there I can't seem to find it. :s

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:11 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
visualisations?

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 12:47 pm
djaarondavies wrote :
i use vdj with my sx and i love it, i have v8 installed but i am stuck using 7.4 because of one feature!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back drap and drop to the video window on non video files, its the quickest and easiest way of adding an effect/logo or loop video to a track on the fly. i cannot understand WHY this feature has been removed from the new version in the first place????????

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 4:28 pm
Need karaoke to be able to show message,s like in v7 eg: Next Singer etc!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 7:27 am
When you use the "hideSongInfo" option the text "Hidden" is the shown in place of the "Artist & Title" I would like to have nothing shown, (i know it's hidden) shoulder surfers are relentless if they can't Shazam it ;-) ...cheers.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 7:07 am
Clipbank function in the sampler in v8??? I can get videos playing in sampler but I need it to play clips when im playing a audio track & a video when im playing a video without having to trigger it off all the time.. I have trying linking video to mp3 but if I do that its going to take years link all my mp3s. all I need is it the same as version 7clipbank ... I can't really use 8 till the sampler as a clipbank functions .. :(

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 10:24 am
djdad wrote :
For the speed (depending on the tempo), even though its just a cosmetic feature, it may be added in the near future.
I ll take a look for the back spin, but possibly its related to the first one.

Btw, mixx uses DaRouter ?

^ this! stanton SCS1d platter speed + tempo fader & reverse playback
looking forward
thank you

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 5:28 am
I would like to request that if videos are added to the sidelist that they are played as videos. Currently only the audio plays.

I'd like to be able to play music videos during karaoke breaks and what not instead of just music.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 2:37 am
I would like to request that if movie file has two or more audio tracks, I want select audio one of the track.
likes in MPC(-be) Player, "Play->Audio" menu and ShortCutKey 'A'.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 10:48 pm
9%