Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Please fix roll back

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Virtual DJ development team, when using a wired controller like DAC-2 or DMC-1 there is a difference when the track is playing than when it is not playing. To better explain, please try this...

Load a track to player 1
Do NOT start player 1 yet
roll the wheel and note that it moves forward and backward equally as fast
Take note of how it feels. Both directions are the same forward or back

Now, start player 1
roll the deck forward and backward again
Take note that this time, when moving forward it rolls as it did before. But when you try to roll it backward, it does not operate the same. This is because you are technically going against a playing record.

The 1st request is to add an option so that the roll back is the same when playing or not playing (It should be an option because when the XP-10 comes out, you may not want this way all the time)

The 2nd request is to have a way to control sensitivity of the jog wheels. Allow the user to be able to put a number in there from 1-50 or something

I note that you added "always" under 'max load' setting. thank you. It does not crash anymore since I have set it to '30mn' or 'Always'

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 20 Sep 03 @ 8:59 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
I congratualte you on writing the same post all over and over again. If I were to bash the forum with one post I would have just Copy&Pasted :)
Will somebody from the team please answer him? The man is getting desperat :) Oh, and @Homeboy, can you check if I am officialy the man with most closed topics? :)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 03 @ 7:33 am
browse the forums yourself and count who has the most closed posts!

Posted Sun 21 Sep 03 @ 12:40 pm
nscode,

I posted more detailed explaination of the problem in hopes that they would reply back. Ideally an acknowledgement from the support team would have nice. Something like this..

"we have reviewed your suggestion and will take it into consideration" (doesn't mean they are going to do anything but at least I know they are reading the user's post)
or
"we have reviewed your suggestion and will impliment this into a future version of virtual DJ, thank you for the suggestion!" (they like the idea and will add it to the list of things to do)
or
"we have reviewed your suggestion and need further clarification. Can you explain what you mean?" (they read your post and do not understand the feature request)

I feel that paying customers deserve a little respect when it comes to support.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 7:28 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think by and large, you can assume that within just a few minutes after something is posted, it has been read by at least part of the team. Within 1 day from a topic being posted it has been read probably by 90% or more of the entire team. I don't think they have the time or the inclination to respond to every post ever posted within the forums. Post your ideas, or send them via e-mail... either way the team sees them. You will not always get a responce, otherwise the team would be forever posting responses to forum posts, taking from the time they could be spending on improvments.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 9:12 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
DJ Rick is right, (I wanted to write something like this). I will just add one think:
Wirless, you are "Member". And this is because you give time and idea to this team, it's because the team read your messages. If the team didn't appreciate your work, you wouldn't have been "Member".
So, thanks for all your tests. Don't stop this is usefull
:)

Posted Mon 22 Sep 03 @ 9:24 pm
Hey you're right! I was elevated from "user" to member. Didn't notice that. Ok well it is good to know that they are there! :-)

Although I have to admit, sometimes I get the impression NO ONE IS HOME (except in the French forum, there are thousands of posts there)

Posted Wed 24 Sep 03 @ 2:03 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
So you have to learn French then ...

Posted Sat 27 Sep 03 @ 7:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)