Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serial un-registration

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

calobgLE userMember since 2005
Hi,

I recently changed my controller and want to un-register my previous VDJ LE serial associated with my account as i want to sell my old equipment.
Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 6:55 am
No.
You CAN'T unregister your serial, NOR transfer (or sell) your license to another person.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 6:58 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As per the above post and our license agreement, our software licenses are non-transferable.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 7:17 am
You can sell your old equipment but as you know it'll be at a lower value depending on what it is cause you can't sell the software that came with it. Trust me I know. The best thing to do is buy the pro version and NEVER register another controller again.

Good Luck
Huey

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 9:53 am
Alright, thank you alll...
I knew there was a good reason one should never register anything online ***rolls eyes***

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 1:03 pm
Oh, another question then... for future references,

Is there a limit on how many machines i install it separately, as long as i do not run them at the same time?

Thanks

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 1:06 pm
2 machines, your gig machine and a back up.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 1:15 pm
Hmm... I own VDJ Pro which I bought after I bought my Mixdeck second hand.

My DJ buddy just bought a different Numark controller brand new (which ships with VDJ LE and Serato DJ Intro). He likes the Mixdeck better, and wants me to trade his controller + cash for my Mixdeck.

I don't know if he registered the controller with VDJ, since he is a club DJ and usually uses Serato with vinyl. I know he normally used Serato on this controller too. I am a mobile DJ and prefer VDJ with a controller.

Anyway, I never registered the Mixdeck, but since I bought it used and I don't think it came with VDJ anyway, I never thought much about it.

Does the above information mean I shouldn't register my new controller, if I do the trade? Is a trade of controllers going to affect my VDJ license?

Posted Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 10:50 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Drew-b-do wrote :
Does the above information mean I shouldn't register my new controller, if I do the trade? Is a trade of controllers going to affect my VDJ license?

You are selling/swapping hardware, which is fine. It is the software that comes with the hardware (VirtualDJ LE) that is non-transferable.

What you can't not do is sell the software - which is not what you are doing and since you have PRO you would not want to do.

So as long as you and your friend are only dealing in the hardware - you will be fine.

Posted Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 1:16 pm
So is atomix suggesting that once you don’t want a controller anymore, you can’t sell it? It physically cannot be de-registered and sold to another person for them to register it? What if the license comes with the controller (e.g. Numark Party Mix)? Is there any difference then? Or is atomix being that enviromentally un-friendly...

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 12:44 pm
In future please try to avoid digging up six year old topics. Start a new one.

No one's stopping you from selling a controller. It's the software (VDJ) that's registered and can't be transferred.

The LE versions that come bundled with certain controllers are freebies, so they shouldn't be sold anyway.

I don't see how it affects the environment. It's software. It doesn't take up any physical space.

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 1:04 pm
Hey grooveindj, I'm 13 and looking for help, not patronising comments! You're correct it is software but my impression seems to be that the controller can't be moved on and re used as it's currently locked to my account which makes the hardware redundant ( hence the reference to it being not very environmentally friendly) My mate wants to give it a go and learn, so selling him my old entry level device seems a good idea. I have submitted a question to their technical team to see if he can buy his own licence for the same controller.

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 3:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The LE license is locked to a specific account and can't be transferred, but the controller is not locked at all.
So yes, someone who buys your controller can buy their own license of VirtualDJ to use it.

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 3:18 pm
So all I have to do is buy vdj and my controller should work

Posted Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 6:41 am
Yes, if you buy the Pro version, you can use all of the supported controllers. Which is 99% of the controllers on the planet. You should also be able to use any controller with your subscription license, however you will save money in the long run by buying the pro version.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 7:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)