Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Karaoke Plugin 2.0? - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

no se de que manera instalar v dj karaoke no me sale nada estoy azsrto de luchar coln ustedes no dan el servicio devido son unos estafadores ya veremo el tiket es u5317622901

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 3:34 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Also, as your message appears to reference a support ticket, please contact support for assistance: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html bearing in mind that it is the weekend and support is limited - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20long%20does%20it%20take%20to%20get%20an%20answer.html

To use the new karaoke plan service, you will need the latest VirtualDJ v7.4 installed. You can download Home FREE v7.4 from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html but if you are using it for commercial purposes or gigs where you are being paid, as well as the ability to output karaoke/video full-screen, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

If you have already purchased VirtualDJ, please register your serial number to your account http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and download and install the latest v7.4 version from your Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

NOTE: Home FREE and all other versions except for the full Pro are limited to a small video output window only.

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 10:37 am
kjpaulPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Sorry for being lame... where do I get the Karaoke 2.0 plugin? I've search using Google and in the Plug-in download area but have not found it.

The other question I have is can/does the plugin run two karaoke screens? I would like to be able to run a preview screen on a separate sound card. I also like to use a 4 deck player so I can have 2 decks going to the house, one karaoke one music and two preview decks. Is the plugin tied to a particular deck or are the decks and the plugins separate.

Thank you!

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 3:22 pm
Notice the question mark after the 2.0. The original post was about whether someone would write one. So it doesn't actually exist!

As for outputting to multiple screens, you can buy VGA, S-Video and HDMI splitters that will do this for you rather than the software.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 4:13 pm
kjpaul wrote :
Sorry for being lame... where do I get the Karaoke 2.0 plugin? I've search using Google and in the Plug-in download area but have not found it.

The other question I have is can/does the plugin run two karaoke screens? I would like to be able to run a preview screen on a separate sound card. I also like to use a 4 deck player so I can have 2 decks going to the house, one karaoke one music and two preview decks. Is the plugin tied to a particular deck or are the decks and the plugins separate.

Thank you!

The Karaoke 2.0 plugin does not actually exist yet. I seem to be heading development of it, in a de facto way, however I do not have a version yet that is stable enough for release to the public.

The original Karaoke plugin chooses a deck automatically, and just stores names, plays files, and overlays text on the screen (NOT the karaoke text--information about upcoming singers, etc.). The karaoke video is actually decoded by VirtualDJ when it loads the karaoke file, and is thus tied into VirtualDJ's internal video processing system the same way as it would be if you were playing a music video. Since VirtualDJ only supports one dedicated video output (the "main" mixed and effected video), you will have to work within that restriction. With the current version of VirtualDJ, you cannot send video from deck 1 to one screen, video from deck 2 to another, and so on. If this is a feature you wish to have, you should post in the Feature Request forum, because it actually has nothing to do with the Karaoke plugin.

As GadgetMan mentioned, if you simply want to split the signal, you should look for a hardware splitter. On the other hand, if you are running a separate sound card for preview purposes, you should be aware that you can also preview the video on that deck using the Video panel built in to VirtualDJ's default skin (that is what it's there for). I use this feature regularly with 2 decks. If you are using 4 decks, you have to select which deck goes to the "left" video and which deck goes to the "right" video, but you can still preview each deck without having to send it to the main video output mix.

My Karaoke 2.0 plugin is fully scriptable, so you will be able to instruct it to do whatever you want done with the karaoke tracks when you click Play (for example, always load and play to deck 4). Hopefully this answers your question, if I can be of any further assistance feel free to ask!

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 4:36 pm
Using multiple screens is no problem and VirtualDJ even let's one drag the video instance around from screen to screen. What I want is two video instances so I can play one live and preview the other. I use multiple mixers/sound cards, one that I have set up to go live and the other I use as a preview which I have set to Deck 3 & 4. Currently I need to run two different karaoke software applications to do this (JustKaraoke and VirtualDJ). I would really love to run it all in VirtualDJ, but all four deck go to the same video instance and I can select which one is showing by selecting the deck number. That is not what I am looking for. I will post a recommendation to allow two video instances in the product feature recommendation page.

elindsey wrote :
Since VirtualDJ only supports one dedicated video output (the "main" mixed and effected video), you will have to work within that restriction...

...On the other hand, if you are running a separate sound card for preview purposes, you should be aware that you can also preview the video on that deck using the Video panel built in to VirtualDJ's default skin (that is what it's there for).

You seem to contradict yourself. Can I instantiate a preview video stream instance and view it without interrupting the main video stream?

Looking forward to the Karaoke 2.0 pludin! Thanks!

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 6:26 pm
kjpaul wrote :
You seem to contradict yourself. Can I instantiate a preview video stream instance and view it without interrupting the main video stream?

Looking forward to the Karaoke 2.0 pludin! Thanks!

What I meant, is that the skin itself can be used to preview the video, but you can't send 2 videos to 2 monitors. Try the following:
1. Set your skin to VirtualDJ 7 (2 Decks) -- I'm using 1280x1024, not sure if this makes a difference)
2. Choose the Mixer tab in the main window (to the left of Video)
3. Use the Audio Crossfader to determine which track you want playing--all the way left or right depending on what you want to be actively output on the audio AND video output
4. Choose the Video tab in the main window (it's between Mixer and Scratch)
5. Make sure Auto Video Crossfader is on (lit up orange; it's the lock icon to the left of the video crossfader)
6. Load and play a video in whichever deck you selected to be active in Step 3.
7. Load and play a video in the other deck, and notice its video output is only in the small screen below your main video preview window in VirtualDJ, and the sound does not play.

This technique can be modified a little bit to work with 4 decks, especially if you use Advanced Config for your Sound Setup, and properly choose which deck VirtualDJ uses as the source for the "left" video and "right" video.

If this built-in preview (which sounds like it's what you're trying to do, but can't be used to send 2 outputs to 2 different monitors) isn't enough, then perhaps the oldschool way of running many decks would work for you. Back before VirtualDJ supported 4+ decks, some users would get around the problem by running multiple copies of VirtualDJ. Each VirtualDJ would have two decks, and its own master video output. To be honest though, you'd need a very powerful computer, and I'm not even sure if that "feature" is supported anymore. The option that let you synchronize the two instances, which used to be in the Config menu, doesn't seem to be in there anymore (version 7.4).

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 7:29 pm
Ah, I never noticed that tab. It is cool and getting close. Thank you!

It actually does work with the 4 deck skins as well and I can get the sound to work by using Deck 1 and deck 4 for karaoke and deck 2 and 3 for music. It would be way better if I could detach that video tab and put the tab on another screen. Then I could enlarge the right bottom monitor to fill the tab and I would be done.

Is this a feasible workaround? The drivers are there since the display is there...

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 9:10 pm
kjpaul wrote :
...It would be way better if I could detach that video tab and put the tab on another screen. Then I could enlarge the right bottom monitor to fill the tab and I would be done...

What you are asking for now is a skin issue. You can look through the Download Skins section of the website, but if you are looking for a custom solution you may want to consider developing your own. They are very simple and easy to make, just a bitmap (BMP) and XML file; you can even use VirtualDJ's default skins as a starting point. Check out the Skin SDK for more info!

Just a little teaser, my Karaoke 2.0 plugin WILL require some slight skin modifications; I'll be releasing modified versions of the VirtualDJ default skins but if you have a personal favorite you may as well get a jump on learning skin editing. ;-)

You can't make a skin have more than one window, but you MAY be able to make a skin that is large enough to span multiple of your monitors. I have no idea if it's possible because I haven't tried. If you do get it working, you may need to adjust your display settings to position where Windows thinks the monitors is just right.

Posted Sat 06 Apr 13 @ 9:42 pm
I was on the same page as you and made a skin that spans 2 screens and it totally works b.t.w.! I positioned my 2nd monitor to the right of my main monitor and placed VirtualDJ between the two. The main karaoke window can now go on a third monitor! Vuala, done!!

Looking forward to the added features your karaoke 2.0 plugin will bring.

You rock elindsey! Thanks!

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 1:52 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This is possible, I've ask for this feature long ago where if it was implemented a deck could be assigned to your internal windows video card output which would open a video window when loaded on your laptop screen, then you would just drag it and expend it to your preview monitor.

Your main out or live feed would come from your video card, like Nvidia or alike which most laptops have nowadays, so in effect you really have two video cards and thats why this could be done...

Hopefully the VDJ team can look at this possiblility which is very desirable..

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 1:14 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
...so in effect you really have two video cards and thats why this could be done...

Technically speaking VirtualDJ has no direct control over the video cards. It just works with what information is handed to it by Windows. Since the advent of PCI Express x16, many motherboards with onboard cards have to disable them at the hardware level to avoid conflicts when a dedicated graphics processor is installed. This applies to both laptops and desktops, and is the reason behind many headaches when trying to install new graphics hardware. So, just because a port or card is present, doesn't mean it is usable. That being said, there are USB video cards these days, so the limitations on how many monitors a laptop can support are going down drastically.

BUT, even if the hardware is there and usable, I would imagine that the team at VirtualDJ does not want their program to be limited to a few hardware selections. If they are going to implement this feature, especially since they now support multiple decks, I suppose they would want a kind of "Advanced Config" option for video output. kjpaul for example would want to output decks 1 and 4 it seems. So, rather than simply assigning decks to video output, I would think they would want to give users the ability to create all new video mixes. So for example maybe deck 2 (karaoke) to output 2, but deck 2 (karaoke) plus Next Singer video effect plus ScrollText video effect to output 3, and perhaps a logo (SlideShow video effect) to output 4. This requires a much more in depth approach, but would be the "right way" to do it.

Anyway, I'm sure they've heard the feedback, and hopefully we can all look forward to awesome new features in VirtualDJ 8. ;-)

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 2:06 pm
It works pretty well as is. I just took the video feed from the right decks and placed it in an area next to the application window. Then I place the application window so it spans two displays. So the right deck has to go on screen 2, but the Virtual DJ video window can go anywhere. Here is an image with two displays. The '1' and '2' is windows identifying the actual monitors, '1' being the laptop, '2' being an external VGA.

Now all need to do is figure out how to talk to virtual DJ from an external database. Do you know if I can send a trigger from MS Access or some other database program to VDJscript?

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 3:49 pm
kjpaul wrote :
...Now all need to do is figure out how to talk to virtual DJ from an external database. Do you know if I can send a trigger from MS Access or some other database program to VDJscript?

I have this covered with the work that I've done on Karaoke 2.0 already. I'll make a quick mod and get you an EXE that talks to my DLL (which can be installed separately).

Can't promise how soon I'll post it but I'll try to get something to you within the next day or two.

Posted Sun 07 Apr 13 @ 4:44 pm
elindsey wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :
...so in effect you really have two video cards and thats why this could be done...

Technically speaking VirtualDJ has no direct control over the video cards. It just works with what information is handed to it by Windows.

I'm not sure if using the internal motherboard windows video could interfere with what the main video card is doing, I've used a plugin which triggers a video output to your motherboard and into a window which can then be dragged to another video monitor in extended if you have a splitter and add a third preview monitor or to a USB connected monitor, anyway you have a choice in VDJ video config to select your windows motherboard video output or your second onboard video card, so this may be another way this could be done...

I think a plugin could be made to route a specified deck's video output to your windows motherboard for preview or docking software window panels...

If it was a problem then this option would not be available in VDJ...?

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 1:09 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
I'm not sure if using the internal motherboard windows video could interfere with what the main video card is doing...

Sorry for not being clear. What I meant to say is, VirtualDJ can only see what hardware Windows reveals to it. Some mobos disable on board video when PCIx16 is present at the hardware level, and it doesn't show up in Windows or in VirtualDJ. If it were told to (by the makers of VirtualDJ), then an application could access and present a display on any monitor that was activated through Windows. What I was trying to get across is, for example, I have an (old) nVidia card that has VGA, S-video, and composite video (yellow RCA) outputs. Only two of those outputs can be used, even if you have something plugged in to all three jacks. This is a hardware limitation; the card will only allow Windows to see two displays. As a general rule, if you can extend your Windows desktop onto a given monitor, then you can use that monitor from software. So you may very well be able to have 3, 4 or even more monitors connected and working on your laptop with no problem; this depends entirely on the hardware.

BUT, let's say you have 4 displays connected. How does VirtualDJ know what to put on each? This is the question that the software developers need to address. As I stated in a previous post, they could easily add a tab to Config and allow you to map decks to monitors. But this would not allow for effects or any of the other fancy things that VirtualDJ already does with the "main" monitor. It would fix a few use case scenarios, but it wouldn't truly be flexible. So--and this is pure speculation on my part, since I've nothing to do with Team VirtualDJ--I would expect they are working on a solution that will address ALL multiple monitor use case scenarios. For an example, just look at how they have addressed audio output. You can literally do anything, with any hardware, that you want. 4 decks? 4 outputs? Done! 12 in/12 out interface, timecodes on 9/10 and 11/12, output on 3/4 and 5/6, with headphones on 13/14? They've got that covered too. From these guys, I would expect to see the same thing when it comes to video. We just have to be patient while they get it done "the right way."

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 8:58 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
I think a plugin could be made to route a specified deck's video output to your windows motherboard for preview or docking software window panels...

Sorry, forgot to address this in my last post.

As a plugin developer, I can tell you that this is impossible, because VirtualDJ video effect plugins do not receive video from a deck, but rather the composited main output, which they can bend warp overlay etc. as they see fit. This is why you can activate Text Overlay and Titler at the same time. VDJ's main output feeds input of one plugin, output of that plugin is fed to next plugin, when everything is said and done it is presented to VDJ main video output (whether that be monitor or small window).

Instead, what will likely have to happen is VDJ will have to have a checkbox list of all the video outputs available for it to take over, and then each of those would have it's own "source" (which could implement video the way today's mixers do audio--with a "main" and several "sub" mixes which can have any of the decks routed to their left and rights). Each of these master video outputs would have their own plugin chain, so you could run Titler on one, and Text on another, and they'd each have their own transition plugin, etc etc etc.

Again, this is all pure speculation, but if one wanted to do it right, this is the kind of effort and consideration they would have to put in. I could easily develop a plugin that takes the master video output and splits it to as many outputs as you want, but in all except the most extreme cases (the desire to T off the output prior to adding certain other effects) this is much better accomplished by a hardware splitter.

If I'm not clear here, I apologize. I am writing from a bar stool. Let me know if I can clear anything else up about the plugins, that's something I happen to be knowledgable about at the moment and I'm happy to share any info.

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 9:14 pm
I understand your point, but if they could it would be great to either enable an option to route One VDJ Deck to an extra video card other then the main video card or make Deck B software video preview window into an expandable and dockable window that could be dragged anywhere..

You don't need effects for preview or an extra karaoke screen for your station, you could have something else running in the main screen monitors while somebody sings from your station monitor or dock other software there, more screen space to organize things... Just add a slitter or USB video card for the extra monitor and done...

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 10:13 pm
While you can't split deck by deck as far as I know, a plugin can send it's video anywhere. I put up a test case awhile back in Essential Karaoke that was never completed :), but it's a good example of a plugin sending it's output to a separate screen.

However you can hook up a 3rd monitor ok. USB_to_VGA works pretty good especially with USB 3.0 but keep in mind that NVIDIA cards have problems with USB to VGA. Now I think they are addressing that but can't pin it down exactly and don't know if the latest cards from NVIDIA still have problems with this.

ATI cards have no problem with USB to VGA and mine worked perfect on my i7 ATI USB 2.0 machine.

For the NVIDIA cards I had come up with some work arounds but it worked.

Essential Media 3.0 will be able to output to multiple screens.

But there is going to be an Essential Media 2.5 before that happens. Sort of a stepping stone to EM 3.0.

Posted Mon 08 Apr 13 @ 10:26 pm
I figured as much, thinks Don for your expert opinion on this topic, so implementing a plugin that would send the video output to the motherboard video drivers would be easier on most video cards and use less resources then going with a usb video card in order to simply send a video signal to a separate window in the desk top, which then you can drag anywhere and resize at will...

That would be perfect and make many users very happy (:

Posted Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 8:22 am
68%