Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixtrack Pro Headphone Cue Volume is weak

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been using the Mixtrack Pro for a while now. Using it a home mostly until I get it down perfectly.
The headphone volume is VERY weak. I noticed it in the VDJ LE and then after buying Cue it is still weak.
The other night I took it out on a job, and the headphone volume was an issue when I was playing the music loud.
I have to turn the cue volume all the way up, and it's still not loud.
Do you think it could be a bad unit?
Is the volume weak because it's USB powered?
Has anybvody else noticed this?
Is there a configuration where I could just use the headphone jack in the laptop for cuing?

Do I need to consider sending it in?

Thanks for any help.

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 8:26 am
It could just be that the headphones you're using are not suited to the amp in the Mixtrack Pro....

Headphones vary in impedance and efficiency.

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 9:24 am
I'm using some cheap Sony headphones.

I'll get some better ones.

Wish me luck.

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 10:50 am
I wonder if there are some published specs that are from the mixer that I should look for when I buy.

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 10:53 am
You should buy the headphones with the bigger sensitivity you can find. Usually most professional headphones report their sensitivity on their specs.

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 12:23 pm
I have noticed this as well. It wasn't obvious until I actually DJed a gig in a loud environment tho. I mostly have just used the mixtrack pro for home use

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 4:26 pm
The main discouraging this is that I have been using the same model of headphones with a Numark 200fx mixer for at least 6 yrs. and have never had to turn my cue volume up much more than half way in the loudest of events with the subs only about 5-6ft. from my head. Except for really old songs that just are not as loud. This mixtrack pro needs the volume up full blast pretty much any time. I'm wondering if it worthy of a recall.

Isn't there a configuration where you can go from output #2 into headphones for cuing? I wonder If that would do better.

Hmmm!

Posted Fri 11 May 12 @ 11:20 pm
The Mixtrack pro doesnt have good headphone volume because its Usb powered. Actually many decks that are usb powered wont have good headphone volume.

Posted Sat 12 May 12 @ 2:39 am
I just want to return it and eventually buy something better then. It's a pain when playing in a loud volume environment. Basically the environment where the headphones are most crucial... dance floor packed, mixing songs. SMH

I tried some in ear headphones last night and I could hear better, but no thanks.

I wonder if the headphone volume would be a practical reason for Numark to allow a refund.

I'll have to call them.

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 9:34 am
You could try mapping a spare knob that you don't need to the following: headphone_gain

Or even change the headphone volume knob mapping to the following:

param_greater 50% ? headphone_volume 100% & headphone_gain : param_multiply 200% & headphone_volume

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 10:46 am
Do I just copy/paste that whole line in somewhere?

Sorry for sounding dumb, I just never messed with mapping. I'm actually fairly computer literate.

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 1:11 pm
OK I configured the sound so that the headphones plug into the computer headphone jack and it is A LOT LOUDER.

The mapping script you posted above made the volume go up past the point where the screen showed max, but it was super distorted. Thank you very much for the input anyways.

Posted Mon 14 May 12 @ 8:10 pm
Hi, sorry to revive such an old thread, however I'm having exactly the same problem as described and sadly I don't have sufficient knowledge to either use the parameters to remap the cue volume.

Nor can I work out how to set my cue output so that it doesn't use the Mixtrack Pro so that I can plug my headphones into my PC outputs.

Can someone help me as to how I can do this?

THanks in advance.

Posted Sun 21 Oct 12 @ 9:19 am

Posted Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 5:55 am
dberkoHome userMember since 2016
Solved problem...

It was usb hub.... Mac mini / Mixtrack pro 3. After I plugged it directly in a MacMini usb slot, headphones just started working.....

Posted Thu 15 Dec 16 @ 9:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)