Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What do you guys think about a DJ Booth Facade? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey all,

I'm thinking of building myself a abs pipe Facade.

What do you guys think about something like that? I was thinking of getting a white and a black cloth.

With the white one, ill be able to do some uplighting in it.

Im also thinking about making 2side facades for my Speaker/light stands.

Any reviews about those too?

Thanks,
Pat

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 9:14 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I built one out of a bunch of 2x2 boards, slotted the wood with a table saw, and used and 4x8 Sheets of 4mm Colorplast corrugated plastic($20). I am now using SMD 5050 RGB Waterproof 60 per meter LED strip lights($40 ebay). I think its better then fabric as it can be wiped down with a towel. It weighs maybe 15 lbs folded up. You can get a DMX controller for the strip light on ebay for $10

David aka DJ Kavika

Corrugated Plastic:

Slotted Wood

1st frame built

Initial Test fit around my table

Added LCD Monitors- Using 2 Chauvet ColorPallets

LED Strip Lights DMX Controlled

Rear View

Posted Thu 12 Apr 12 @ 10:48 pm
Looks good, David!

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 4:59 am
Nicely done. :)

My only issue is, i would like to be able to handle, 4-6-8 foot table long. With the PVC/ABS Pipe, I could simply add a couple more pipes and it would be done. Also, when putting it down, it could all go in a light stand/speaker stand bag.

Have any images when its folded?

Thanks,
Pat

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 7:00 am
Looks to me like it's made of separate frames slotted together, so to make it wider you'd add frames.

Packed down, it'd just be the size of one frame x height of stack.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 7:46 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
yk23 wrote :
I built one out of a bunch of 2x2 boards, slotted the wood with a table saw, and used and 4x8 Sheets of 4mm Colorplast corrugated plastic($20)

im stealing this idea :) looks great...

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 12:15 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I love the idea. I want to build one but I want to use PVC pipe for lightweight.

The problem for me is that i'm a DJ, not a carpenter so it's gonna be a task for me. I will want it no wider than the NS6 case so I don't have a lot of extra. Well, maybe a little longer.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 4:08 pm
Exactly what i had in mind djcity.

Using PVC Pipe to build the whole thing.

I've found a great place although not sure if they are shipping, for me, in Canada.

This page has everything for you to get up and running.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=581&parentcatid=582

All you really need is a couple of:

- Elbow for Furniture Pipe
- Tee for Furniture Pipe
- 4x 3-Way Elbow for Furniture Pipe (which are not found everywhere)
- Black or White Plastic Furniture Pipe

With all those pieces on hand you can build yourself something great :)

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 8:12 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i love it yk23... i seen it in another post, i think it was whats your set bla blah.

i want to do something like that now

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 9:36 am
Great job David. Is this one piece, or does the sections separate? Can you show the hardware you used?

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 12:41 pm
dj_julienPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Very nice

Posted Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 4:41 pm
I built it using a table saw to cut, plane the wood and to slot it for the corrugated plastic. The front 2 panels are almost 5 ft wide. I originally made the side limited to a 90 degree angle, but now since changed to 45 degree so I can use it with a larger table. I am using it with a 6ft table right now. It is only held together with corner brackets and hinges for shelving and has some treasure chest type latches to keep the center from folder up. I plan on building another one in the near future, I will take get some more step by step directions. It cost me around $125 for wood and lighting. Took about 20 hours to build it. I think that now I know what Im doing I can do it in 1/2 the time.

-DJ Kavika

There is a closet locking pin by the measuring tape to help keep it from folding up

Posted Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 11:25 pm
1vjdeePRO InfinityMember since 2012
love the facade, i was thinking of building one myself as i\'m moving into more mobile work but then i saw this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD-8BMuAktM,
costing £750 + vat in the uk it ain\'t cheap but i think it\'s worth it.

Posted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 12:44 am
djspynnPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 6:39 am
1vjdee wrote :
love the facade, i was thinking of building one myself as i\'m moving into more mobile work but then i saw this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD-8BMuAktM,
costing £750 + vat in the uk it ain\'t cheap but i think it\'s worth it.

I think thats a little bit more durable then mine.

DJ Kavika

Posted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 10:01 am
50\" tv with 2 led bars

white cloth with 2 small lasers plus 2 led bars

happy with this setup for this year. :-)

triggs

Posted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 11:54 am
That looks so awesome. Way out of my budget tough. Ill just build one out of bamboo.

Posted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 4:01 pm

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 7:59 am
Looking good :)

I just feel like those panels do take a lot of space even when its not assemble compare to a Pipe Facade.

The more i look into the LiteConsole XPRS , the more i like it :) Its a sexy stand :)

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 8:16 am
Also, the LiteConsole XPRS vs the original LiteConsole is a lot faster to setup and can be folded, which for us Mobile DJ, a big deal :) Anyhow, for me it is :)

Posted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 10:00 am
71%