Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Google Music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AzCiiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello

Does a plugin exist for integration to Google Music? (https://music.google.com/)
I have been searching for a while now, without any luck.

Posted Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 1:31 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Nope!

Posted Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 5:47 am
I'm quite new to plugins for Virtual Dj, would it be posible to make a Google Music plugin

Posted Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 9:51 am
Are there any updates on whether a plugin can be made to do this?

Posted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 10:23 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In theory yes, but you wouldn't be able to hook search so would have to manually search from the plugin. Then you would have to download the track (not stream it) and then the user would have to add it to their database.

In essence it would be clunky as hell and you might as well just use your web browser!

Posted Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 7:29 am
Any update to stream google music with virtual dj?

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 8:25 pm
Clunky.........I like that.:-)

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 9:08 am
Is this still not possible?

Can´t belive i´m the only one who don´t want store all my Music on my PC

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 8:20 am
Why would you not want to store music on your own hard drive? Surely that's the safest option to ensure your files will always play when you need them?

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 10:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I get cloud storage as a backup, but as a primary source, it's a bit backwards, especially since externals/SD cards are so cheap.

Posted Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 5:03 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Why dont you use spoti.. ?
I belive a real DJ should be prepeared before all gigs..

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 1:09 am

Posted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 3:39 am
sixty9oControlleristMember since 2015
This would be definitely a plus. While Google does not have 15 different remixes of every top 100 hits, they have a deeper catalog of older tracks.

I did a family gig this weekend with audience ranging from 1 to 89 and I really played a lot of stuff from Edith Piaf to Led Zeppelin and Elvis to Rihanna. Pretty diverse but as soon as someone asked me for a song older than 5 years the chance of finding it on Content Unlimited lowered which severely limits the quality of programming I can do while doing these sorts of gigs.

I would actually be willing to pay a small monthly fee to use that plugin. Not as much as the 10$ that I already pay but some 2-3$.

Posted Wed 13 Jan 16 @ 3:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)