Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio Versadeck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yes gues american audio bought it from them? btw hows the review of this product? is it a good and reliable product?

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 8:45 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OEM from China , I think .

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 10:11 am
blah chinese products not worth it then. never lasts long.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 12:00 pm
There are very few reviews on this product, well the Citronic MP-X10, but what ever little is found, have been good reviews.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 9:29 am
L.bombaHome userMember since 2011
Thought I would give my opinion as not many others have mentioned or reviewed this product
I own one,a citronic MPX10.
The second I have purchased now. ( I sold the first one when I saw the SCS.4DJ from stanton I have now returned the scs.4dj due to some problems I will go over later)
yes they are unbadged and sold to various branded companies but I can tell you are really excellent little players.
Made from very sturdy material ( metal mostly ) these feel very sturdy heavier than a normal midi controler and they play your tracks immediately unlike the SCS.4DJ from stanton which has to scan everything before you can use all the features
I plugged in my hdd and it was ready to play pretty much immediately. If you have all your folders catregorized in a decent way browsing is fairly easy even with a big collection.
brief outline of the features:
Works great with VDJ comes with a light version but mapped very well and runs smoothly as you would expect.

Reads off hdds flash drives 2 ports and one for midi
In software free mode the tracks auto cue, so no setting up cue points, no laptop required,its got onboard fx , hot cues, looping, Vinyl emulation etc it has everything you need. fx are basic but good with filter(my fav),delay,flange and break.
The scatch unfortunately is the weakest point you can just about achieve baby scratches / small rubs but everything has a very digital sound which frankly is useless for scratching. My laptop is not fast enough for decent scratching on vdj either but if youve got a quick laptop and scratch is good with your other controllers then this one will be fine too. Mine isnt that great.
I like to scratch so this was a problem for me. You can plug other cdjs turntables into this so if you are a serious scratcher you will probably use something else plugged into it. I liked the compactness of it and didnt want another deck in play so After some positive reviews I swapped my MPX10 for the SCS.4DJ from stanton.

Now I bought the scs.4dj because I like the scratch feature ; its very good but there is a little dead space just as you bring the xfader back across, so not so good for crabs etc, but transforms and baby scratch etc sound great in fact the jogs are the best I have ever used. They feel right and the screen shows you exactly where to bring it back/start it up every time. Just awesome!
Unfortunately the analysis is a big issue; mine never finished analysing and playback is affected quite badly when the player is scanning.
get pops clicks artifacts freezing shutting down on its own
I see on the forums everyone has problems with various drive and reformatting etc.
You cant use loops on the tracks that havent analyzed. It seems on the forums there are many problems but as soon as people bring up an issue the reps say Pm me your details and I will contact you so never see a resolution to any of the problems. they said the same to me but no-one got back to me and many of my questions went unanswered. I was able to insert a smaller 4gb flash drive and that scanned and worked fine but the point is I want to use all my music and I want to used it instantly not wait 10+ days with the unit powered on constantly and never finishing analyzing.
Thats just not acceptable. So: great for smaller collections not so good for big HDDs.
I have now purchased another MPX10 and I guess I will get another deck if I want to scratch I just feel this unit is far sturdier and more reliable than the Stanton and the stanton forums dont fill me with much hope as nothing seems to get resolved. It is a new product so maybe they will iron out the kinks, but put it this way there isnt a forum for the mpx10, in fact you dont need one everything just works as it should and I have zero concerns over the build quality whatsoever. Just a shame about the scratch mode but it is something they may update and improve upon in the future with a firmware update.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 11:40 am
oh yeah and I should also mention that the stanton admins deleted any slightly negative comments made on their forums. Regardless of how truthful it was. Not a practice I aprove of to say the least.

Posted Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 2:57 pm
have since spoken to stanton and they advised there were problems on the website which had been cutting the ends off of peoples posts.
So I stand corrected. Anyway the scs.4dj is very good if you just want to use it with a smaller collection I have no doubt they will make some improvements in the future too.....

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 3:20 pm
The Versadeck (that I have right now), MPX10, Audiophony, and DMC2000 also have 10bit pitch faders with .05 resolution even at 16% range when on internal. It's not 14bit res, but it's mixable. I'm having issues with the mini crossfader in MIDI & MIDI-mixer mode (sending the cue directly to the headphones) causing a big volume boost in the middle when using the built-in soundcard. It's not simply the tracks summing, as even the individual track is like double volume in the middle. It's like it's sending it twice, once to each side of a 2-channel mix bus on the headphone out. Maybe that's the best they could do and you're not meant to be using it in cue/master mode. If that's the case, then why even allow MIDI mixer? I guess the solution is to not use the minicrossfader. You could map the main crossfader probably if you don't plan on using it.

In USB internal mode (which doesn't have that volume problem), the jog bend ramps up. And also about a quarter of my tracks (mp3s or wavs) don't play correctly. I wish master meter button in mixer-mixer mode sent the master to the headphones (pretty limited cueing right now) and that L1/L2 mode kept the MIDI decks running. There's really no reason to have the MIDI on the players turn off when the line ins are in use. Oh, and my headphone jack has a baseline hiss that doesn't change with the internal digial volume control... probably the result of the high gain opamp in there. Works fine as a line out to a outboard headphone amp, anyway.

I don't like how internal mode's cueing works, either. I think the Sync does it Numark style, but ADJ requires you to hit In or Save & Cue first to get a new cue point. The Numark play/pause method and the DVS hit-cue methods are much easier. And the buffer is not very big. Only about 12 seconds, so too much reverse track searching or vinyl backcueing and you have to change what you're doing. I can't very well worry about a small buffer or not knowing if my tracks are going to load or play fine on this thing. It's a big enough pain using fat32 and having no keyboard. You're right, though, it definitely does scan the drive faster than the SCS4 or the iDJ2. And the sound is better than an Xponent. Still, I'm not sure if I'll keep it.

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 11:43 pm
The unit might be ok but the mapping or drivers seem to have a problem or it might even be a firmware thing, basically when setting a cue point it sometimes sets a loop and setting loops sometimes creates cue points. Also fade start also activates it's self even when the switch is switched off.

Weird

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 1:11 pm
I haven't had any issues like that. Zilch. I've also created maps for it for Torq and Deckadance. And as you already know, it runs in VDJ and Traktor already. I tweaked the Traktor profile a lot because it sucked, but all is well now. I ran an Xponent and the Versadeck together, with the latter running the ASIO, in 4-deck mode in Traktor Pro 2 (latest version) without any issues at all. My only complaints left are the 10-bit pitch faders instead of 14-bit (Xponent has the same issue, but they are enough to get by, at least), the mini-crossfader in cue/prgm & master ASIO modes sending dual signals to each side (guess there's no way for them to get around that... use deck 1 & deck 2 instead), and the internal USB mode jog bend ramp up. That last one is the biggest problem. I hate it. I have a couple days before I need to send it back, and the USB mode is essentially worthless to me as a mix dj with that. As a controller, it's good. But it's hard to justify a $400 10-bit 2-channel DJ controller that has its headphone controls on the front. 14-bit. Top headphone controls. ASIO interface options functioning the way I'd like, then sure... even forgetting the internal mode existing at all. Now, if they at least fix the internal jog bend and add FLAC support, then you have the makings of a winner... even sans 14-bit, a better headphone control layout, or any change in the ASIO interface support. Considering they have to pay no fees to utilize the FLAC standard (it's free to all) and the jog bend is purely a firmware "choice", a major firmware upgrade changing just those two things could put this WAY over the top and make it one of the best digital DJ whatever-you-wanna-call-its out there for the price. I don't want to send it back, but I cannot really be confident they will in fact get Sync (the Belgium company that apparently designed this) to change it. ADJ said they would, but couldn't give me a specific timeline and I hate to hold onto something for months waiting if I'm not going to use it.

By the way the DJ Tech branding is about to come out with it, too, calling it the U3 and with some cosmetic differences... mostly the LEDs.

Almost forgot: AutoCue does work in internal mode, but requires you to be in CDJ mode, otherwise you have to hit save first, then cue. With autocue and CD on, you hit pause then play, like Numark CD players, to set the cue point. I've gotten so used to DVS controller method of hitting cue, I'd just prefer that without having to hit save first. I don't like CD stutter cuing, though I do like having that stutter button.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 7:42 pm
Oh, and in USB internal mode there's a limited buffer when spinning back in vinyl mode and in reverse. That's annoying, as is the apparent lack of "fast search"... you know, a button you push down so the jog can be used to move rapidly around the track. I miss that CDJ feature, and since there's no mouse or screen you sort of need it. Using the search/fast forward keys don't seem quick enough.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 12:25 am
Does anyone ever had a problem where 1 channel control both side on the American Dj Versadeck??? I need help to fix that please.
thanks

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 7:13 pm
Try adjusting your sound settings.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 8:51 pm
djadebayor, please start a new thread with your issue since this one is 5 years old, thank you.

LOCKED BY AMAHM

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 8:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)