Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video output (HDMI or VGA) to club system (cable connections to TVs)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok guys/gals I am having a challenge in finding the most cost effective way to output my video (HDMI or VGA) signal to the "house Tv's"
Let me give you the set up the house has...

There are a total of 8 TV's (4 flat screens with digital inputs/4 older TVS with analog inputs)
They are all connected to 4 cable boxes ( 2 TVs per box)
Since HDMI cable is crazy expensive the club connected all TV's (coaxial cable's to all the TVs)

So now my issue is that im trying to convert the VGA or HDMI signal to standard coaxial cable to send video to all that displays.

I know i need to find a converter of some kind maybe a reciever also but i have search many places internet/stores/etc. and cannot find this solution.

sincerely
Daeus

Posted Tue 01 Mar 11 @ 10:32 am
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Does the club have a matrix controller?

Posted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 12:05 am
the club doesnt have a matrix controller.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 6:43 pm
is the coax RF or composit video.
TVOne makes some great converters but depending on your budget
there are cheaper ones out there

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 9:34 pm
All TV's are connected via coaxial cable via the cable box. i want to somehow "patch" into the existing cables and transmit through them. (less work for me and less expensive) The club is willing to reimburse me for the cost of the hardware i need but dont want to spend too much either.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 10:31 pm
Seems like it would be best to go into a seperate input on each TV if they don't have a Matrix system

Come out of your computer to a powered VGA or HDMI amplifier/ RCA converter. I have only seen them with 4 RCA outs so you would have to run RCA splitters off each output and hope the amp/converter is powerful enough to push the video signal to all 8 TVs.

That is a lot of cable running but you can pick up 100' (stereo) dual RCA cables for cheap off of Amazon.com. VGA or HDMI would be the best picture but would end up costing quite a bit to run those to 8 TVs so RCA would be the least expensive.

I say this way because I don't know if you can put a secondary input to cable boxes. I tried once to use my signal as the feed to the "cable in" on the cable box but was unsuccessful to get a image on the screen.

Good luck to you and let us know what you get worked out.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 11:09 am
well it turns out the best most cost effective way will be using a pc -vga to component video converter.
then to a component splitter/amplier (8) channels.
to connect each TV/display via component video. 100ft runs.
I will keep VDJ informed.

DJ Daeus

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 2:36 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
You are correct, I went through this same thing a few years ago. I only needed four outputs, it worked perfectly. I bought my splitter and cables from this company, at that time they had the best prices on-line. Be sure to compare prices as they vary drastically.

I also had to get a DVI-VGA Adapters, they are cheap.

Good Luck.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 2:48 pm

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 11:14 am

Posted Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 7:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)