Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: VDJ for listening 2 radio

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How about, we are able to listen to VDJ radio in VDJ, on one deck?, wouldn't it be great?.

Would bring the following:
1) No need for 3rd party player software.
2) Record your favourite sessions.
3) See the mix on waveform (if poss)
4) Use the secound deck, to bring in a 3rd deck action (for listerners amusement)
5) Manipulate transmitions better with gain and in software volume.

Their are many more advantages with such a feature, I hope I see it...

Bagpuss

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 5:25 pm
It would also be good, in the way, that you would only have to be connected to the internet, and be running VDJ, to connect and listen to the radio.., so it would be more convenient for users of the software to listen, at the click of a button.

This in-turn would get more listerners...

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 7:23 pm
it's fantatic, but I can't figure it out. Could you explain all the steps with more details please.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 5:05 pm
if anyone has managed that, could he tell it to us please? Thanks

would be useful VDJ includes the way to listen the radio in an easy way in the future. Yeahhhh

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 5:08 pm
Hi m8,
Their should be no reason why VDJ shouldn't be able to connect to the radio server (to recieve) just as it connects to upload, so a programmed button on the record page could be implemented, and the stream could appear on one deck, and have VDJ generate a waveform as normal, but of course, you'd only see a few secounds ahead of the present time.

So if your connected to the internet, and running VDJ, you can listena click of a singel button, rather than connect through the radio page, I think that this level of convienience would in turn get alot more people listening to the radio, not to mention the other advantages I listed.

Thanks, Bagpuss.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 7:27 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
t's a good idea.
I would listen to the radio many more times.

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 8:31 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, quite a lot of the time i have vdj running, whether or not im mixing, so i dont have to keep loading it up etc, so a click of a button connection to the radio currently broadcasting would be a fantastic addition... Begs the question that how do we know who (if anyone) is broadcasting at that particular time? Lazzzy people like me would still need to check the radio website unless it simply came up with an error box type thing saying no one is mixing, or better still if another button was added, a sort of radio dj update button, so you could just press this and it'd tell you who is mixing etc...

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 11:04 pm
Yes Nebula, good point.

A "who's playing now" button.
And a "listen" button.

Good idea.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 11:09 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
also (and i know this is a bit into the future) but if more sections were added to the radio website, then how about another tab (like the "Sample", "effects", "Rec" tabs) being added, which could be a sort of web browser, mebbe dedicated to the virtual DJ website? similar to the one in windows media player, for buying tracks? Just a thought

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 11:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)