Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Mapper FULL v.2.0 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Mapper - American Audio VMS4 Pro FULL v.1.0
I have uploaded a Mapper including Full Definition File as well.

Download link
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12221/American_Audio_VMS4_Pro_Full.html

Setup Instructions and mapper definitions and actions are explained in the included ReadmeFirst File.

I have used another button (besides SHIFT) to toggle as a secondary SHIFT button.
Added functions for video FX, video transition (select & activate), browsing playlist, sidelist. Mapped the Touchsliders as well,
functions for swapping decks, unload function, smartcue, reverse play mode, key controlling, video crossfader ch assignment, beatlock, Resonanse Filter, etc..

I have mapped all the LEDS (including the dual lighted too) with different names than buttons, so you can handle them as you wish.(flash, on, off, dual light)

Enjoy !

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 12:53 pm
i am also building a skin (not a screen one this time.. lol), to customize my VMS4 according to the mapper. When it's finished i will share it with you.

Graphics Preview.

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 5:58 pm

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 8:49 pm
what is... DUAL_LIGHT and how assign in script ? Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 5:36 pm
9 BUTTONS on each side of the VMS4 are dual lighted (HOT CUES 1..4, SYNC, Loop in, Loop ou, Rellop, Loop)

These 2 different colors (leds) are mapped as LED_BUTTON (red) and SHIFT_LED_BUTTON (blue)

If you assign an action to LED_BUTON then it will light red, if you assign an action to SHIFT_LED_BUTTON it will light blue.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 7:18 pm
hey DJ Dad, tks for taking the time to map out the VMS 4,.. so far so good. i've got a decent grasp of your mapping,... However, im still busting my head into the part where you can scan the folders and which button you are using as "toggle"

Tka again and looking forward to your help

DJ Hurricane Rey

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 8:55 am
I am using the Rec Sample button as switcher (toggle) I think that a txt Readme file is installed in the Mappers or Devices Folder. Take a look.

[EDIT] I took a look..lol and it seems that the Readme File is not installed as it should be. I am sure that i upload it. I will check it myself and post later.

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 10:39 am
Well i had the impression that the txt file is installed with the mapper too, but i was wrong. You have to downloads it manually.

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 10:51 am
I havent had this unit long , so I'm still learning . I downloaded the new mapper , everything seems to be working except im trying to figure out what button to press so I can search through the list of songs on virtual dj ?

Posted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 11:53 am
The answer is .. just above your post.

but since manuals for some are just cosmetic, i will help you more..

So when you activate the TOGGLESHIFT (browser mode) the selectors 1 and 2 are browsing the folders and the Files.
Holding down the SHIFT button (and TOGGLESHIFT is ON , browser mode) they browse through playlist and sidelist.

Posted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 5:41 pm
Thankyou very much got it figured out now

Posted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 10:22 pm
Thankyou!

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 5:17 am
Plugins (Skins, mappers etc) are available only to registered License Users.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 8:30 pm
omzysyPRO InfinityMember since 2020
How do I get the pitch bend light to remain unlit if i try to press the minus or plus button it switches the decks instead of bending the pitch

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 2:26 am
Use the SHIFT+PITCHBEND for bending. The Pitchbends lights indicate the selected deck.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:02 am
okay but at first the pitch bend buttons was not lit now every time I turn the unit on the pitch bend button is red

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 8:28 am
and then i am also having an issue with the crossfader i play the right deck and if i move the fader back to the left i still hear the right deck

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 11:40 am
but... maybe, it's only switch in reverse mode, in front the console

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 12:57 pm
djshong wrote :
okay but at first the pitch bend buttons was not lit now every time I turn the unit on the pitch bend button is red

Pitchbend has only ONE led and it's used to indicate whick deck is selected as left or right deck. Whats the use to see the led on when pitchbending, since your finger is right on it ???

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:12 pm
okay but i never noticed the led being highlighted before plus i never had an issue with pressing the pitch bend and not being able to bend the pitch without having to hold the shift button i never had to hold the shift button and the pitch button before

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:22 pm
11%