Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Mapper FULL v.2.0 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i have the 6.1 LE (limited edition) that came with the vms4. it works fine but just everything is not really by the book. i dont get to use the 4 channel. i saw that the VJ 7.0 PRO has it and i bought it used. i came here to download the mapper but the serial number already been used. please help?

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:34 pm
omzysyPRO InfinityMember since 2020
also is there a way to delete the mapper and then reinstall

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
djshong wrote :
also is there a way to delete the mapper and then reinstall

You can use the Profile Switcher Plugin
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12300/SBDJ_Profile_Switcher.html

Create 2 different profiles, one with the native mapper and 1 with another mapper. To make your controller go back to default select from Config-Mappers Revert the mapper to factory settings (bottom left corner button). But before you do this save the profile using the Plugin above.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 7:41 pm
defdaboss wrote :
.. i saw that the VJ 7.0 PRO has it and i bought it used. i came here to download the mapper but the serial number already been used. please help?

The only legal place to purchase VirtualDJ is this one http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html
After that, register your legal license and you will be able to download all the plugins you need.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 7:45 pm
I would not be able to use that link I have a macbook pro

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 11:49 pm

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 11:47 am

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 12:09 pm
okay so now i have the crossfader issue corrected but say if i select the play button or the key lock button on the vms4 it will not light up but it does show that it is selected on the screen

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 12:13 am
All leds are working properly. Are we talking about my mapper or are you trying to make something on your own?

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 10:59 am
yes i am referring to the mapper.........

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 5:50 pm
But also i deleted the software off my macbook pro and reinstalled LE and the LED were fine but as soon as I installed PRO no LED were visible but I could see that they were active on the screen but no lighting on the unit itself

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 5:56 pm
Make sure that the definition file is in its place (VirtualDJ/Devices). If not, reinstall the mapper.

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 7:50 pm
Okay, I'm sorry but you lost me there I'm a newbie on these can you be more descrpitive?

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 8:22 pm
Check at
Documents/VirtualDJ/Devices (thats a Folder)
In that Folder, there should be a file named .. American Audio VMS4 definition (xml file)
If it doesnt excist, re-download and re-install the mapper

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 8:29 pm
Thanks I hope it works.........

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 9:53 pm
zizi_rLE userMember since 2010
Hello , i haw a brand new VMS4 and when i go to configuration i cant do anything? What do i have to do?

Posted Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 10:04 am
VirtualDJ LE which came with your VMS4 is a Limited Edition and does not let you configure quite a few things. I would strongly reccomend you to upgrade to VirtualdJ Pro ver 7 http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html with a large discount as VMS4 user. Then you will be able to do anything with your VMS4 including dowloading plugins (skins, effects etc).

You can test ver 7 Free Home Edition http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html but it will work with your VMS4 just for 10 minutes.

Posted Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 10:24 am
i bought vms4 with virtual dj Le i show be able to download it not ? maybe u can chande de licence for it.. tanks

Posted Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 4:52 pm

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 8:21 am
Toxic-VPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks very much for the Mapping & Skin, they been very helpful... 2 questions tho' ..it being on normal & not reverse on the front of the console.. the crossfader works good for a while.. but then after using it a few times.. it only moves on the screen but it doesnt actually affect the sound.. meaning if im playing something on deck 1 then move the crossfader to deck 2.. it still keeps sending the sound from deck 1 to the master.. afecting my scratching scratching & leaving me with no other option but using the volume of the decks to transition from one song to another.. is there a way to fix that? ..Q 2: is there a shortcut key to [swap] from 1 to 3 & 2 & 4 without having to use the mouse? any info will be helpful ...thanks

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 7:54 pm
23%