Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Channel Assignable Samples= Prelisten Capebility

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,

I use the sampler in vdj alot and this is one feature that I would love to see and that would make it alot better and easier to use: The ability to assign a sample to play in channel 1 (with deck 1), channel 2 (with deck 2), or on both channels like it does now. I know there has been some request for a prelisten feature for the samples. This would solve this by allowing you to listen to the sample through the channel that wasnt live. Also this would allow for easier transitions while playing instrumental loops. For example you could be running the loop of an instrumental through channel 1 while an acapela is playing on deck one and then switch to the actual song on deck 2 without having to turn off the sample as you did it. Of course you would have to remember to turn it off before switching songs and going back to channel one.....but for me at least this would be a very valuable feature....anyone else with me?

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 4:55 pm
sure.... would be a nice feature :)

If you are using an external mixer (with 3 channels or more) and use an extra soundcard, you can also route the sampler through the extra soundcard into the 3rd channel of mixer, having deck 1 and deck 2 at channel 1 & 2 at mixer...

:)

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 10:45 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use two outputs for deck A & B, and I use the line out of my internal soundcard for the sampler.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 9:13 am
You can do it. See "advanced config".

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 6:21 pm
Unfortunalty I only have 2 channels on my mixer right now but Im looking for a new one so maybe that is something to consider. However, I use tccd's and the maya 44 usb so when using the tccd's all of my outputs are used up.....how would I then assign a channel for the sampler?

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 10:34 pm
Look in the config page for timecode :)

You can asign the sampler to a different output on the Maya :)

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 12:27 am
I know you can assign this but when you are using two tccd decks all of the outputs of the maya are used up so how do you then use the assignable output?....My sugggestion was not a seperate output for the sampler but for the sampler in the software to have the ability to overlap one of the decks playing. Right now under the normal settings the sampler plays over both channels in the software. With a software setting to assign it to one of the channels you could preview it while still using the other deck and not have the sample play over the active deck. If there is a way to assign the sampler to do this please let me know.

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 4:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)