Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV/ MAYA 44 USB/ 1210 DECKS/ GEMINI MIXER

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello, as the title suggests i have a TCV setup. I bought some RCA splitters, so i can route the time code signal to the maya 44 usb, and then flick the switch on my mixer and then play ordinary vinyl.
Problem:-
when i flick the switch on my mixer to play ordinary vinyl it plays fine except the quality seems poor. So i pull out the Rca splitter that goes from the deck to the input of the Maya 44 usb leaving just the deck connected to the mixer. This then cures my problem, and it sounds how the vinyl should sound.
Does anyone know if i have connected this right. Cos at the moment when i want to mix from TCV to vinyl i have to pull out the rca input to the maya so the vinyl sounds ok. I am aware that you can make a keyboard short cut to swap from tcv to ordinary vinyl. But that sounds crap aswell.

Any advice and suggestions will be appreciated. thanks.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 11:27 pm
gotta make sure the split from the maya is going into line ins, and the split from the turns is going into Phono on your mixer.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 11:45 pm
leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes, that is how i have done it. But when i want ordinary vinyl played, if i dont unplug the split going to maya it sounds poor quality.
leeroy.

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 12:19 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I hate to say it like this but it is because of the quality of the Gemini mixer. I use the Allen&Heath XONE:V64 Rotary in the club I spin at and the quality is there when I need it. But, then again it is a $5K mixer versions a couple $100 dollar mixer. Wish I had better news for you but it is the hardware quality that limits you.

As a suggestion, try getting splitters with GOLD connectors. This may help in the signal quality.

v/r,
cstoll

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 8:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)