Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Price of VDJ in Europe

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everybody, The website says that VDJ costs 99 euros, but when you go to buy it online you end up paying 111 euros (without VAT) and 130 with VAT. That feels like a lot more once your expectations are set to something around 99 euros. I guess, part of the problem is that euro is falling against dollar and VDJ's payment processor has the price fixed in dollars. Is there any way, (eg. ordering over phone or something) that I can get VDJ for 99 euros instead of 110?

Yes, it is not a big deal, but I'll feel a bit annoyed if there was a way and I just did not find it out. Even with 130 euros (inclusive VAT), I feel the VDJ is worth a buy. But at 99, it is a steal!

Thanks in advance for the help,
M.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 8:17 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
euro is falling against dollar !!!! READ THE PAPERS PLEASE ....1 Dólar USA = 0,8246 Euro
Vdj cost 114 euro (everything including) plus 3 euro if you pay with paypal .

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 8:40 pm
As VirtualDJ is in fact a European product last time I checked so the euro-dollar rate is of no consequence.. What he is missing is that under European law you have to pay the local VAT over the selling price.

This is also clearly stated on the 'buy' page:

'Virtual DJ is available for purchase for only € 99 (plus VAT) or $ 129.'

so for a ducth order VDJ is €99 plus €18.81 VAT, besides that you get extra charges for paypal or other fors of payment..

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 10:14 pm
I think atomix is indeed a US company, even if most of the staff is working in the french subsidiary. So it doesn't surprise me that the price is indexed on the dollars price.
But you're right, they ougth to either change the price on the webpage, or do something about it to make it 99€ because as it is now it is be very confusing.
Also, about the VAT, I remember reading on this forum somewhere that atomix doesn't even get passed the country you give during the registration, and that it's only used by the credit card processor to computer the VAT, so nobody really cares if you "forgot" to change the country to a VAT one ;)
My 2 cents...

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 10:35 pm
The problem is that even on the "buy" page VDJ is initially listed at 99 euros, but as soon as you go to the payment process, the price is adjusted based on the dollar exchange rate. Basically, stating that VDJ costs 99 euros is simply WRONG and misleading. If the price stays constant only in US dollars, only that price should be listed on VDJ website, in my opinion.

M.

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 1:05 am
I just checked this and it looks like you are right, the amount is $129 which is then converted to euros at the current rate.. this comes out at 111 euros, which while being just 2 euros above the amount on the initial buy page still should not be.

so yes I think the amount mentioned should be the one which is set, in this case it seems that is the $ price..

not that I care much myself..

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 2:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)