Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: headroom and track offset

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Serato scratch has two features that make the Denon CD decks work better with time coded CD's (TCV). It is called headroom and track offset. Serato compensates for Denon's problems and have been able to fix the problem by adding lead time adjustments at the beginning of the track.

when you set a cue point and press play it does not always start on the down beat.

Can Atomix please do the same ?

WirelessDJ

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 2:22 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm waiting for the same feature. Sux because sometimes you can't scratch the first beat unless there is a silence in the track

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 11:41 am
well I hope they fix it! cause Virtual DJ has more features than Serato scratch!

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 1:44 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Can you describe this feature a litle more wireless ?

This may be the solution, It look like something i had in mind.
As you may know Pioneer cdj100 decks aren't working well either.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 2:33 pm
it is hard to explain...

"Track start offset If you find that you have cue burn at the beginning of the record, you will notice that the tracking will be poor at this point. Use the slider to offset the start point, so that the track will start playing from a point further into the control record"

in the latest version The track start offset can now be set to anywhere in the first 11 minutes. Use the knob on the left to set the minute, and the knob on the right to set the number of individual rotations. The resulting start offset is printed next to the knobs.

in other words, it allows you to move the point at which tracks begin to a position further into the vinyl.

havent found a description for headroom yet!

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 1:36 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I see, "Track start offset" is not something new, final scracth and Mixvibes dvs has it already,
but it is missing from Virtualdj. It is just an offset to the timecode start, needed if you damage that part on the vinyl, cueing the first beat in absolute mode.
I think its not so important with cd timecode, btw but needed for TCV .

And headroom must be a "virtual" space in the beginning of a track, to allow cueing when there is no silence (to fit the repeated part of non vinyl mode players, or scratching the first beat) right ?

Ok.. you is gonna ask for these at the new features forum ?

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 3:37 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I mentioned it b4 in the new features forum but I don't think my description is as detailed as what both of you describe.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 12:55 am
Lead-in Time adjustment for either use of CD DJ Decks or turntables.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 9:38 am
WE NEED IT IN VIRTUALDJ so the CD decks work flawless

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 6:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)