Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Problem broadcasting VDJ Mpeg lame

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Please help,

I run VDJ 7 on WIN 7 with a Hercules Dj Rmx. I'm attempting to connect to a server without success. Here are my settings:

MPEG (Shoutcast/Icecast 2) with the VDJ pluggin lame encoder
Bitrate 128 kbs
Broadcasting to a server xx.xxx.xxx.xxx Port: xxxxx
Name: House Music
Password: xxxxxx
Genre: House Music

I get error: can't connect to the server?

In the settings suggested by the website i Dj, for server type, it indicates icecast 2 and mount point: live.

Is there a different way I should configure the settings to succesfully connect?

I also tried different ways to write the server info taking into consideration I needed to add the mount point without success as follows:

full name of the server address.com/live.mpeg
server IP/live.mpeg

The website specified it has to be MP3 format. Is there a different encoder i should use instead of lame_enc.dll?

I read a few posts on port 8000 ensuring it is opened but still can't connect. I'm not sure I've done this right though, i also created firewall rules on both my Norton and windows firewall and opened it up as well on my linksys router... no avail.

The weird thing is after tryiing almost every config settings, I am able to connect when I select OGG Icecast and also adding the mount point /live after the IP address however dead air occur on the production server. The admin told me, he saw me connected however in vorbis format which the server will not accept cuz it has to be the lame encoder...

Wonder if you can help me out on this one!

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 10:42 am

you have done all correct :)

Can not connect to server, is probably a problem with the port.
Are you sure you can connect outbound on port 8000?

and make absolutely 100% sure you have the correct server name or IP, and port in your settings
(its very easy to spell wrong, or write a digit wrong)

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 6:34 pm
yes i made sure of the correct spelling and also tried with the IP address. In addition I am able to connect in OGG Icecast 2 however it's not the correct format, the output according to the admin was vorbis. It's weird that i can connect in OGG and not MP3 Lame?

Would the port being closed still block me for OGG?

This doesn't make any sence.

Do you know of a way to verify the output port is open?

Thanks much

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 7:24 pm

what is the server? Icecast or Shoutcast?

And does it accept MP3?
Or does the admin mean it only accept OGG ? (but lame encoded?)

I cant see what you do wrong at your end, so it has to be server end

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 10:11 pm
It is icecast 2 MP3 lame ecoded.

Posted Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 11:01 am

I have only used Shoutcast, but if i dont remember wrong you need to use OGG for a IceCast server...

Posted Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 7:13 am
I have the same problem on VDJ7...I want to broadcast to ICECAST 2 Server with MPEG (and MP3) but i don't know how to config the information!

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 3:23 am
Hi Guys,

I'm really really stuck. I'm using vdj pro 7 and i need to broadcast to an icecast stream. I'm adding /live at the end of ip and I am able to connect to the icecast stream.
I cut into the auto stream but the music wont play in the stream.
Please please help if you can! Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Georgi

Posted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 10:57 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 3:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)