Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: rework device access

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I tryed to make a plugin to eject a CD-rom. It works but while it wait for the I/O operation to finish the sound output of VDJ starts to hang in a loop for while. I know this is OK because audio plugins don't count with I/O operations .... but this leads my mind to some general bugs/thing to improve in VDJ:

when you are playing song and drop and audio cd song in other deck (just loading not even playing)
sometimes when the cd-rom is begginning to spin) the main sound begins to skip again.

The same is for long mixes. I play a song in one deck. And in other deck i have 70 minute mix playing to headphones only. When I try to search in it the main output skips. I have maxload to 15minutes. 768megs of memory and there is still some memory free. minimized windows memory usage. No services running that eats memory. No antivius, spywareremovers....

The other problem is with bad audio cds, vdj hangs in process of retrying and retrying of reading
scratched audiocd.

Could this be solved. For example by separating the parts that read from devices to other thread
so if reading fails whole vdj won't get confused.

(For my plugin i will create a separate thread that will eject the cd-rom the plugin part will just
send a signal to this thread so looping while ejecting a cd-tay will not happen. )

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 2:02 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes, i advise you multithreading too. VDJ works a lot with this function.
I would like to have a dual core processor ;-) The future is coming

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 3:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)