Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Microphone ?!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djaxelHome userMember since 2003
Eh... When will VirtualDJ or Atomix be microphone capable ?. I think that sth like mp3 volume down + mic volume when a button is pressed isn't sth hard to write, and I'm sure that many people needs this in their work with virtualdj/Axtomix...

Posted Wed 20 Aug 03 @ 12:36 am
windows volume control can do this?

Posted Wed 20 Aug 03 @ 2:37 am
can someone tell me if it is possible to record your voice over the microphone when u speak

Posted Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 4:09 pm
With Virtual DJ ? : yes, but only with the full version.

Coyote

Posted Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 4:14 pm
You cannot change the windows microphone settings when you are in full screen mode.If you try to change back so you can activate the microphone you cause audio static for a second or so.Which is not cool with an audiance . The new plugin does not work . I installed it and it looks ok but it does not work.It doesn't control anything I cant get it to work. Plain and simple if someone makes a plugin test it prior to posting it please .Also give some instalation instructions to newbees.

Posted Thu 01 Jan 04 @ 12:45 am
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
... Mixstation 4 skin.... Miclevel next to Master...
Needs a rightclick to cut in

Tested it?

Posted Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 9:21 am
Their is still no mute control . So I still have to mute the mic to prevent static caused by my cordless mic . It will only work if I leave the mic power switch activated.This uses up the battery power.

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 5:05 am
"With Virtual DJ ? : yes, but only with the full version.
Coyote"

But we bought the "full professional" version with our DJ Consoles. It was NEVER described as limited, basic, lite, demo, Free, restricted, unsupported or anything else like it By Atomix or Hercules. Why was this hidden? Were we deceived?

Why is Atomix so very different to Steinberg, for example, with their Cubasis/Cubase sequencer program? They bundle a basic version, but but make it very clear what you get. They don't make you upgrade to the pro "Pro" version for basic & fundamental features, only genuine Professional ones.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 1:00 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You bought the console, you got a fully functional, no time out version with it.
You also got several other softwares with it. Are they fully useable versions too?

(I'm just curious.)

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 2:11 am
"You bought the console, you got a fully functional, no time out version with it."

The very poor high BPM recognition that still persists and some instabilities, don't quite fit with my definition of fully functional.

"You also got several other softwares with it. Are they fully usable versions too?

No, but they were not described as "full professional DJ software". This claim is still visible on the Hercules site so the first most customers will find its limitations is when they come to this site looking for a fix. That can't be good for business, now and future. I feel like I've been conned by Atomix/Hercules And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Over the last ten years I could not tell you how many thousands I have spent on PC/Music Gear and software but I have never seen any other business behave this badly (Creative got close). To still be in a deal with Hercules, selling something that is clearly not what it claims to be and then just stone-walling your potential new customers seems just plain daft to me.

It would, IMHO, make more sense for Atomix/Guillemot/Hercules to apologise for the real confusion they are causing, take steps to prevent it recurring and offer a VERY generous upgrade deal (Steinberg etc do that without any prompting or cock-ups as happy customers keep coming back. I did with then, but I doubt you lot will see any of my money if you will not resolve these issues.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 10:57 pm
I'm trying to figure out the microphone thing by reading these posts. Sprry but I guess I'm having a slow day. Do I understand correctly that the microphone can only be used with a console and not a microphone hooked up to a PC. If so this would explain why I can't record voice-overs. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 7:18 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't understand these people dissing VDJ because they didn't get a registered version of VDJ with thier Hercules Console. Enough already with the crying people. I bought the console and I never expected more then what it came with. I was happy with what it came with. If you would have payed for a full version of the software with the console and I hated it you would be crying that you want some sort of refund. Go to the hercules web site and cry thier about what you got! IMHO you people will never be happy with anything in life.

And please don't hate me because of my opinions I am just sick of seeing the same posts in every fourm here.

-DJ Digital JaK

PS I bought the full version of the software and it was well worth the money.

Posted Sat 12 Jun 04 @ 4:50 pm
Not sure if that last post was aimed at me or not. Anyhow, I don't have a consile, only the software. I was looking to confirm if the mic fader control was for use with only the console and not possible with just the software.

Thanks

Posted Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 2:15 am
Oops! I found a plugin from the plugins section that does what I need. Sorry for not seeing sooner.

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 1:44 am
I want to use Virtual DJ with my HERCULES DJ Console combination for podcasting (recording a complete radio show , mixing music and voice) How do I use the microphone correctly ? I know there is the function that makes me press the volume button to activate the voice over, but don't you have some kind of option that lets me control the volume of the microphone with a slider (just like I use the sliders for the volume of the 'record players') Please could you advise me , cause I really love your product and would want to give it a big commercial boost by using it for PODCASTING and letting the podcasting community know that your product might just be the next big thing

Thank you

--@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry knightwise no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 8:28 pm
I also do an internet radio show andi use the dj console and virtual dj to do my show. The way i do mine is i have the stereo mix down v low and mic up full and on the channel gains i have to lower then to a little less then half way. The mic level and music level should be fine then.
I always do a test record with

Posted Mon 13 Dec 04 @ 3:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)