Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 34

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You've reported again. It works for almost all VMS4 users. Try to lower the latency of your VMS4. 10ms-12ms is the safest area to go.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 6:18 pm
Well it's now been confirmed on the ADJ forum that the new "Traktor version" of the VMS4 does indeed have new internal hardware which improves on the original spec and solves all the issues.

The post was made by emarx, who designed the internals, and said that the VMS4 shown at NAMM was internally modified, and that the production ones will also be to the new spec.

What he didn't say was where the owners of the 1st gen VMS4s stand.....

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 7:29 am
I think we all know the answer to that ........ (Ebay + another £400 if you're brave enough to have another go)

The other thing I find insulting is how AA try to justify the Mk1 problems by saying they were "keeping the price down". That's a joke because the faults in the Mk1 were bad design and nothing to do with the manufacturing cost whatsoever!

Keith

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 9:35 am
Hey Guys!

I just got my vms4 and have a problem after the install.
When i start the VDJ 6LE included the pack i got a win error "an error occured"- if i push cancel then the software escapes, if i leave it and pull it away from the middle of the screen than i can see that the vms controls almost everything except the jog and the music-so i cant start the playing and of course there is no sound.
I tried it with a VDJ PRO..if the controller is connected at startup than everything is the same..if its not connected, than the program starts but after i try to set in at the preferences the ASIO than the same win error message comes up. What could be the problem? i installed the driver properly, i tried to upgrade to 7LE aswell..nothing good. With traktor pro,after 3 hours of passion it worked almost perfectly...
Any idea?
my laptop is: 1.6ghz 1gb ram win xp sp3

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 4:58 am
Hi Guys!

i have the following question: Why is the sound quality worse in VDJ 7LE than in Traktor pro?

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 8:13 am
laga02CUE userMember since 2007
For Timecode Tested. Soundcard (Build in 's VMS4 ) . not use Audio 4/8/10 interface . in Traktor scratch pro.
ํYes It work and Virtual dj tooo. About Virtual dj (can't use Serato timecode. should be used Virtual dj timecode only.)
Sorry I'm Thailand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iash1s1r69g

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 8:55 am
bianconero737 wrote :

my laptop is: 1.6ghz 1gb ram win xp sp3

Do you have another machine available to you with better specs? You are running close to the minimum specs.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 8:08 am
Ps cstoll. I know I haven't been on here much lately, but I will make a more concerted effort to help with these VMS posts.
Stevie Ray
ADJ Forum Admin and Product Tester

Posted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 9:18 am
kresj28PRO InfinityMember since 2010
groovindj wrote :
Well it's now been confirmed on the ADJ forum that the new "Traktor version" of the VMS4 does indeed have new internal hardware which improves on the original spec and solves all the issues.

The post was made by emarx, who designed the internals, and said that the VMS4 shown at NAMM was internally modified, and that the production ones will also be to the new spec.

What he didn't say was where the owners of the 1st gen VMS4s stand.....

When does this new VMS4 come out exactly? I was looking to buy one today and after reading this thread I decided that I should wait for the new one due to all of the bad reviews about the mixer portion of the controller.

Will there be vdj mappers released with it as well, as it is now shipping with traktor?

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 3:33 pm
I am waiting for my test unit. I am 99% sure the same mapper should work. If not we (ADJ) should be able to have one available shortly. I do not have the exact release date yet.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 5:54 pm
with the new update of vdj 7.0.3 all controlls on the vms4 now move in the program.... but i have a problem.... my right deck channel doesnt stay all the way up... if i slide it to the top 100% it slowly goes down to half way... and if i slide it down literally a millimeter it goes back to full.... same thing when i place the volume slider at 0% it slides up to 50% and if i adjust it a milimeter it goes back to 0%

if anyone can help i would appreciate it

Thank you:
Jeremy Manning

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 6:33 pm
That sounds like it could be leaky MIDI data from the VMS4 right channel fader.....

You are referring to moving the VMS4 fader, not the onscreen one with the mouse?

Posted Sun 20 Mar 11 @ 8:16 am
Just to verify, the other 3 faders work as they should correct? It sounds like there may be dirt or an issue with the contact on that fader.

Posted Sun 20 Mar 11 @ 12:28 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is it just me or are some of the lights on the VMS4 not on after 7.0.3?

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 11:20 am
I guess I'm the only one with that problem.

Posted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 10:36 am
I am currently testing with my Mac, I haven't noticed, I can check tomorrow morning. Which lights in particular?

Posted Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 10:41 am
I fixed it. Thanks

Posted Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 11:50 am
Hi,
I bought VSM4 and fail to mapez in VDJ7.03. Crossfader is not working properly, the volume of the deck 1(A) and deck 3(B) of an adjustable potentiometer adjusts 2. Preascultarea on headphones hears all the master. Sorry for my English ....

Posted Tue 03 May 11 @ 4:15 am
@ djdad....I tried to setup to record with the 8out...but my jogs dont work for some reason? also is there a config if your just using the 2 deck? ch2 & ch3? because I jus usually use the deck mode and have 2 cdj's on the other 2 channels? but just wanted to record with the standard 2deck mode?

Posted Thu 12 May 11 @ 9:43 am
OK?? anybody know how to set up the VMS 4 to record in 4 out mode?

Posted Sun 15 May 11 @ 8:22 pm
98%