Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Please Make Better Catalogue!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Come on... Just artist & Title. I need Genre & Album
also [Please incude a full Tag Scanner] that also
scans Mpg's, WMV's, H264 AVC, Etc. That Parser.dll
& Database Updater is S###. Wher's the soap.
Enough Said.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 7:28 pm
I would like date added to VDJ database

So that I could sort music in, say trance folder, to the date they where added... having new files first.. etc

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 7:47 pm
Date added or even a field thats could sort by when the file was created so that I could instantly see all the new music I've bought.

I buy loads of new music every week then forget to play it!!

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:35 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why not create either a "New Music" playlist or "New Music" folder. Put your new music there, and move it out into normal "population" after 6 weeks (or however long).

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:01 am
Or create a NewMusic folder. Place shortcuts to the original mp3's that could be organised in a different way (on artist, genre etc). This is what I do normally.
Ewout

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 7:51 pm
Guys...I'm a fussy little shit...I tried tht for a while and I hated it.

The whole point of going Digital was to make my life easier!

Yeah ok I used to keep all my newest tunes in one record box but onPC I organise it differently and it works great from a search point of View.

I have a set of folders like this,
Artists, Compilations, Singles

The Artists folder is for Albums by a particular artist which then has sub folders by "Artist Name" within each artist there is a sub for all their Albums

Singles again has a Sub for each Artist then all their singles are in Subs

It's the way I like to work and I fond is best organised.
PC already has capability to show files by date, surely VDJ could do it too!!!

Ross.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 2:37 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm a house DJ, and have about 5 different sub folders in house defining a set style e.g disco or jazz, that folder contains the bulk of my collection, and each of these files has a "new" subfolder, I find this incredibly useful and favour it over the traditional way of seperating into albums, I find it helps me keep my sets consistent to style, easy to access new songs (especially as all my songs have year in file name), search "05" or even "99" (great for school re-union parties etc), and of course easy to recurse my main house folder and just play cross styles.

Bagpuss.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 6:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)